Team Sukōpionzu

At about 9:15, I find myself pulling into one of the parking lots of the North Las Vegas Motor Speedway. One of the lots are full of totally modified cars, mostly Japanese and American and thats where I parked the lightly modified 302. Another parking lot has some cars, mostly high performance stock vehicles. The full parking lot has bright white LED lights illuminating the dark purple night sky along with red, green, blue and all other accent colors making the lot a mixture all sorts of colors. Towards the center where all the cars are center around, is a whole DJ center with huge speakers surrounding it and a young pale skinny white boy with black long hair, huge black glasses and a black t-shirt playing loud Three Days Grace.

I roll into a parking space near the outer edge of the cars next to a red and white 2006 Ford GT with 20" chromed out DUB rims. I cut off the V-8 302ci engine and step out into the warm Vegas night. It feels about 80 degrees which is mild because of the no humidity, so it feels awesome.

I take a step away from the 302 and I remember the walking boot on my foot. I had forgotten as I was checking out the hotspot. I look down at it and sigh, slightly depressed. But, I'm to excited to be sad, so I just smile and continue on to try to find Hao.

I weave myself in between extremely hot girls in short shorts, high-strung egotistical guys leaning on there powerful super cars and just regular ol' guys like me wanting to get in on the action. There are beautiful cars everywhere, so I stop by a car just to check it out.

It is a Midnight Blue with red pinstripes Late-Model Nissan GT-R. It I lowered to about 3" above the ground with black 19" TIS rims, Extremly low profile BFGoodrich tires, pure black tinted windows, carbon spoiler, skirt and hood, green neon illuminating the ground, scissor doors, roll cage, yellow neon illuminating the floorboards, racing seats and 12" subs where the rear seat would be. This is a bad ass car.

I keep on walking towards the middle because that's the best place to start looking for Hao. As I get closer, the concentration of people keep getting larger and larger. I finally get to the middle of the event, there are three groups of cars. One of them are all blue, one of them are all red and the other is all green. They must be the main racing teams. There are six cars in each team; five member and one boss.

I look over the eighteen cars, looking for Hao. I finally notice him leaning against the front left fender of a blue Aston-Martin One-77 with two long-legged Korean women. Ain't too bad...

The One-77 is flawless, with its Dark Blue and White paint job, a white decal of a scorpion on each rear fender next to the tail lights, Sukōpionzu is pinstriped on both of the skirts, Black Chromed 20" rims, blue neon displaying against the ground, the hood is popped open so it's displaying European built V-10 engine. This car could eat up the 302 in a heartbeat.

"Hey, JC!" he calls from his two girls once he notices me drooling over his car.

"Ay, what's up?" I ask fist bumping Hao.

"Well, this is what's up! Took me a year to get it this way and it's the largest illegal street racing hotspot in the US, well except LA."

"Huh... Yeah" I chuckle.

"So, did you bring the 302?"

"Yes, of course I did"

"Great, great. So here are the rules; cars must be street legal, no Grand-Prix cars. You can enter in three events per night, registration is over there. We have five different events; the first is just a regular Sprint, checkpoint 'A' to checkpoint 'B'. The second is a quarter mile Drag. The third is a drift course in the Speedway. The fourth type is a driver dual, which is just like a Sprint but between two drivers. The fifth and final is Pinks which can be a half mile Drag or two laps around the oval. Entry fees vary between races, so it can be $25 to $1,000 but the first place purse can be anywhere up to $100,000. It all depends on how many people, enter, bet and spectate the race and the type of race. So what do ya' think?"