Chapter 9: Eyes

I know he told me to play it cool and all of us here are skilled in fighting, guns, etc, but I can't lie and say I'm not scared. I am 100% scared, I just had to not show it.

I giggled after what he told me, trying to play it off. I could tell he knew I giggled to play it off. If he didn't, he would definitely think I'm a psychopath. 

I subtly shifted my body so I could get eyes on the person looking at us. However, I shifted in surprised when I found out it was an entire table of men staring at us.

Quickly, but as calmly as I could, I turned back around to Leo.

I leaned in close, "You failed to mention it was a group of people."

He quickly responded, "I couldn't get good eyes on them without staring at them for long. The only way I could get eyes on them was through a kiss so people would be distracted."

Slightly taken back by his answer I responded with, "Well, you kissed me. Why did you not get good eyes on them?"

I think he could see the anger growing within me, and honestly I don't know why I was angry myself. It's just because we're being watched.. that's why I'm mad.

"What can I say, I got distracted." He said winking at me.

I rolled my eyes, "Either way, what do we do now."

"We sit." He said leaning back, eyes moving to his drink on the table.

He took a sip, "What??" I responded. 

He finished his sip of wine, taking his sweet fucking time. "Just trust me, principessa." 

I knew I could trust him with this, after all he was a mafia heir. He was trained.. and so was everyone else at this table including me. 

Thinking about everything that could possibly go wrong, I was awaken from my daydreaming by the sound of a gunshot. 

I look up as I watch people scatter around the room. Kids, moms and dads were at that ball, who the hell would shoot it up? 

I hear Leo mumble, "Just as planned." As he gets under the table, directing everyone else to do the same. 

Soon, everyone was cleared out of the room, minus the select few that were ignorant mafia soldiers who wanted to fight. Damn idiots. 

"Aria, do you have your weapons on you?" Looking at me as he pulls out his gun.

"Of course." I replied still shaken up.

Even though I was trained in how to fight and how to use a gun, I can't say I'm used to the sound of a gunshot. It shook me up the first time I heard it while I was at my parents, but I had time to recover and think quickly. That's how I was able to shoot the shooter. 

Scanning the room I found the entire group of the Vipers still there. All of them were standing up, gun in hands. 

"Come out dear Leo. Oh and, you too, Aria." One of them says. You could practically hear the smile in his voice. 

He thought he was going to kill us? Pfft. There's a reason we're the heir and heiress of the mafias. We're not going down without a thought. Clearly, I was shaken at first, but now I'm excited. Something about gun on gun fights give me a thrill, but gun on knife fights? Even better.

I pull the knife out of my holster that was attached to my thigh. I gave Leo a look and he nodded. I threw it under the tables, aiming it at one of the guys legs. It hit, dead on. 

He went down, hissing in pain meanwhile the rest of his buddies looked at him trying to figure out what happened.

Right on queue, Leo and myself got up from underneath the table, guns shooting.