Chapter 19: Awake

Leo's POV

"Sure that might look like Aria, but there's no way that's her!" 

Who is that?

Is that Nico talking?

"Nico.. It was Aria." I heard my mother speak up.

I opened my eyes slightly, blinking rapidly trying to adjust to the light in the room.

They were arguing and didn't notice me open my eyes so I spoke up, "Can someone turn off that damn light." 

They looked over at me shocked.

"Leo, you're awake!" My mom spoke as she walked to my side.

"We were so worried, you had stayed asleep for so long, and we just-" I cut her off.

"Stop. That was Aria, where is she?" I demanded.

I saw her. I know that was her.

"Sweetie, that wasn't Aria." My mom spoke cutting off my brother who looked like he was about to speak.

"Do not treat me like a kid, I fucking know that was Aria who stabbed me. Where. Is. She?"

My mom looked anxious as my brother spoke, "We weren't able to.." He mumbled before blurting out, "We weren't able to find her afterwards."

"Why." I asked. 

"She was being dragged out by two men, and we were catering to your wounds." 

I stayed silent.

She's alive.

I don't know why she stabbed me, but there must've been reason..? Right?

They must've been threatening to kill her- or something I don't know. There's no way she would stab me- I.

I started to stand up and get out of my bed, "I don't care what you say, I'm not staying here. I'm going to look for her starting now." 

I knew they knew there was no changing my mind, "At least let us get you the medicine you need." My mom said with a sigh.

---

Aria's POV:

"Sofia! Where's Sofia- is she okay?" I started yelling frantically.

They could hurt me all they want, but they will not hurt her. 

"She's fine, now shut up." They said dragging me to my room.

I walked in and saw a frantic Sofia sitting down on her bed, "Aria!" She yelled as she saw me.

The guards threw me in, causing me to stumble a bit, but I regained my footing as she hugged me.

"Are you okay- I heard what happened, they didn't do anything did they?" She pulled away from the hug as she began looking my body up and down, scanning for injuries.

"No- no. They didn't do anything to me.." How is she not mad at me right now- she knows I just stabbed her brother.

"Sofia. Why are you not mad at me right now? I just stabbed your brother.." I said looking down ashamed.

"Yes, you did. But. You did it to protect me. Why would I be mad? I know what they would've done had you not stabbed him." She says with a smile appearing on her face.

I look down as I begin to feel tears falling down my eyes, "I promise Sofia, one day I'll get us out of here."

---

One week ago:

"Sofia!" I called out, "It's time to get ready." 

I didn't hear her respond.

"Sofia?" I called out again.

She didn't answer again, so I walked out of our shared bathroom and into the main room.

"Sofi-" I paused.

There he was. The same bitch that kidnapped me. 

"Victor." I spat out.

"Where the hell is Sofia."

He looked at me with a smug grin on his face. What a bitch.

"Sofia's on.. a little visit to the cells." He says staring straight at my eyes.

I felt my fists clench, "Oh and before you get a word in." He continued, "Let me tell you why. You don't stop talking once you start."

He stopped talking for a brief second, "You're going to kill your old friend, Leonardo."

I paused.

"Leo..-? LIKE HELL I WILL!!" I yelled at him.

"Oh, but you are because if you don't.. Sofia won't be so safe anymore."

"You BITCH." I yelled as I ran towards him, fist in a ball.

"I wouldn't do that either." He says dodging me. 

"If you do that again, Sofia will be 6 feet under." He said a smug grin on his face.

"You will be attending the ball in a week, and you WILL kill Leonardo." He says walking out.

"Oh and, don't even think about trying to get out of it. Sofia's life is on the line, and if she's dead.. Leonardo won't be so happy with you. If he finds out she's alive, but you killed her.. I don't imagine he'd be too pleased." He said walking out.

"DAMMIT." I slammed my hand into my bed.

"Leo.." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry." I feel a tear going down my cheek.

---

Aria's POV: Present day. 

"Bastards." I said as I started getting ready.

"Look on the bright side, I'm safe." She said trying to put a smile on her face. It was clearly forced.

"BUT WHAT ABOUT LEO??" I said not realizing I yelled until after I saw her flinch.

"I-I'm sorry." I said running my hands through my hair.

"It's fine- and I'm sure Leo survived. He's too stubborn to die." She smiled again, this time it was sincere. 

I looked downwards, eyeing the floor, "I hope he did- I didn't want to sacrifice one to safe the other, but you two are siblings. I wanted to save you both.." 

"You did save us both. I just know he's alive." 

I'M SORRY THIS IS SHORT!! The next one will be longer I promise, I've just been incredibly busy with work recently. <3