Gotta start somewhere

It was a new day and Sokka was flying Appa as Aang paced back and forth on Appa's saddle. Would you sit down if we hit a beep you'll go flying off. Sokka warns. What's bugging you anyways? And why is Farrah meditating? Meditating is good for the brain, for the body and for the soul. Would you rather both of us be freaking out?

We're worried about what Avatar Roku said to us. Aang admitted. We have to master all 4 of the elements before the comet comes. He tells them. Everyone deals with their stress in different ways, no one got anywhere by panicking. I said putting my two bit opinion in.

That's why I'm staying calm. What I wouldn't give for some Jasmine tea right about now. We have until the end of the summer to master all of them. And if we had the ingredients and I could firebend I'd make it myself. What you mean you're little boyfriend didn't already teach you? I hear Sokka ask me.

I feel my heart speed up and then calm down. Sending a blast of air his way. Hey?! I smile at hearing the exclamation then calm back down. And no he's not the one that taught me his sister did but I couldn't do it because I was in my spirit form. And he's not my boyfriend.

It's just that we still need to learn waterbending and we're still weeks away from the North Pole. Aang exclaims in fright. Katara pulls his arms making him sit down telling him that everything would be ok. And he sits down in front of her. She tells him she could teach him the stuff that she knows. And you too Farrah if you want.

Sure, sounds fun thanks. I say opening an eye. We just need to find a good enough body of water for you to practice in. And I guess I'm done mediating now. Why's that? She asks me. Cause you're talking about water. So? What's wrong with water? She asks concerned. It's not like you can't swim.

My heart speeds up. Y-yeah sure. Ok, we'll be sure to find a puddle for you to splash around in Sokka teases them. But then we find a waterfall. This is a big puddle Sokka exclaims. I'd much rather a puddle I rub my arm. What's wrong Farrah? Katara asks me. You can't swim can you?

I shake my head. How is that possible?! We saw her do it they road the Coy. Sokka asks. Don't mind him. She places a comforting hand on my shoulder. It was more like treading water. Every time I went under I was sure I was going to drown. Surfing is different.

What you saying your prince friend never taught you?! Sokka teased. You're not funny! I screamed as tears clouded my vision as I flung a gust of air his way. Sokka?! She scolded. I was teasing. Did he Farrah? She asked me. I shake my head. He tried to when we were little kids. I had been caught in a storm a lot like the one that we were caught in a 100 years ago.

The storm tore me apart. I'd landed in the market place near their house. Him and his mother came and saved me. Azula had a change of clothes for me and I was hurt, so Iroh helped heal me with some healing herbs while they ran a bath for me. It was a healing bath. Azula kept me company talking to me outside the bathroom IDK how I got so hurt as a spirit. A Dr. had to come and take care of me.

After that, Azula let me use one of her swimsuits. When we got to the waterfall they all got in and started playing around his mother asked me to join them, but I refused. I'd gone off and found a hot spring. Then came back for Zuko. I knew firebenders could make the temperature just right. His mother told me to encourage me to join them in the water.

When we came back he helped me into the water and wanted to teach me, he had me start off floating I knew it felt like it was like being carried on the wind. He held onto me until I asked him to let go, but he never did because I never asked him to. I grabbed his arm and made him stay, he said that's not swimming that's only floating but we never got to the actual swimming part because I just wanted to float and relax.

So, he tried I was just too scared. I know you don't know him like I do, but he wasn't always like this. He made me laugh and we played games, and he always made sure I was happy and safe. He'd make me flower crowns, and he'd helped his mother sew my clothes while I'd showered again after swimming, and he'd sewed me a makeshift doll of himself. When I'd come back he always stayed with Iroh in his room while I stayed in his room.

When I was scared he'd held me close and protect me, his mother even taught him how to braid my hair so that he could do it and not be jealous of his sister. But then I had to leave because my spirit was too cold and his mother died and his father was abusive. The wind told me so. That's how he got his scar. And his sister is completely insane. The only family he has left is his uncle.

I used to have all of the fire natation males wrapped around my finger until they grew up and got suspicious of me since I never changed age but they had let their children be friends with me. I don't think we're doing any swimming today and its pretty shallow here. Appa splashes into the water soaking Momo and almost knocking over the rock he was sitting on.

Aang took his shirt off trying to get into the water, and I threw my airbending clothes off and threw my waterbending clothes on over, the set of clothes Katara and given me. Remember why we're here. Katara reminded him. Oh right, waterbending. Great, so while you 3 are gonna be splashing around in the water what am I supposed to do?! Sokka asked us. You could clean the gunk out of Appa's toes. Aang tells him. Mud and bugs. I smile.

Ok, he says in defeat as he grabs a stick. Meanwhile out on the ocean Zuko is practicing his firebending when the boat turns and it starts changing course. Zuko gets mad that the boat is changing course and when he asks why. Iroh tells him that they were going back to look for his lotus tile.

Zuko is mad to be turning around for a game piece instead of news about either one of us. But, to Iroh just like most people Zuko finds that this tile is insignificant but that it's actually really essential. He's hoping that once they get back to port he can get the tile and move on with the rest of his life. I'm sure there was some life lesson about this but Zuko wasn't gonna get it until they were doing exactly as Iroh said. And I'm sure he'd have to learn the lesson the hard way.

Iroh was usually always trying to teach some kind of important lesson to Zuko, whether he understood at the time or not, but other times Iroh just spoke utter nonsense. And as Zuko breathed fire Iroh smiled and was grateful to have such an understanding nephew.

Back to us Sokka is standing on Appa cleaning his toes and Appa is really loving that. While the 3 of us are practicing waterbending. Katara teaches us some moves she knows but she doesn't know to many of them. This is a pretty basic move but it took me 2 months to perfect it. She tells us. Just push and pull the water like this. She tells us, and don't get frustrated if you don't get it right away.

She makes little waves in the water and then tells us that it was all in the wrist that we just needed the right wrist movement. Aang gets it right away, but she sees that I'm struggling. Katara is happily surprised with Aang when he gets it on his first try and its bigger than hers but she helps me with mine. Steady Farrah, you got it. That's it. She encourages.

After we succeed more or less. More on my brothers part and less on mine, she teaches us a new move. Well you had to learn all on your own but we have a great teacher. Oh, thanks. This one I call streaming the water. She demonstrates as she takes the water and circles it around and then brings it back into the water. Aang gets it right away and makes it go around his body and over his head which was over kill but I only managed to get it above my head before it crashed over me.

That's so cold. I frown. I'm not frowning because of the cold it was just an unexpected cold feeling. I frowned because it crashed on me. That was pretty good until the last part. You'll get it. What else, show me another one Aang tells her. Ok, well there is one other move I know but I haven't exactly gotten the hang of it yet myself.

The idea is to make a big powerful wave. She tells us. She does it kind of shaky but Aang creates a really big one and it splashes all over Sokka and Appa. Teach me something else now let's keep going! Aang says excited. But I've failed all shaky and everyone else agrees that it was enough practice today.

I'll say, you just practice our stuff all down the river! Sokka scolds. Sorry Aang tells him, but I'm sure we can find a place to replace all the stuff we lost. My life was hard enough when you two were just airbenders he tells us sinking back into the water.

We go into the market while everyone looks at us, at this point I've switched back to my other clothes. Sokka and Katara look around kind of worried while Sokka carries a bag on his back. We have 3 gold pieces left from king Bumi let's spend it wisely. Make that two, I couldn't resist getting this whistle Aang says holding up a whistle that doesn't make any noise that looks just like Appa.

No offense Aang but maybe I should hang onto the money form now on Katara tells him. We come across a merchant selling all kinds of stuff named Oh and invites Aang and I inside his ship to look at the stuff he's selling. We see a pirate inside wondering where Momo was from that he seemed to think he was some kind of rare breed and wanted to trade for him. Momo is not for sale! Aang and I tell him as I hug him up against my chest.

Once we get a good look around Katara points out a waterbending scroll and the pirate says he got it up North and that he's already got a buyer someone of the Earth Nation looking to buy it for 200 gold pieces and we only had two. We get a little frightened when we find out that these guys were pirates though and we leave when we feel we start to get strange looks.

We give her strange looks when we exit and Sokka was excited because he had just started to look at the boomerangs, but then we're really worried when the pirates came after us. We split off with them following after us, Katara uses her powers to ice over a patch of water, then we run past the cabbage man and to make sure they keep off our trail even more Aang sends a gust of wind at the cart making it scatter into pieces.

But then we're caught at a dead end and they swing a dagger or something at us. Aang gets out his glider and I hop up on the wind. While our friends get onto the glider with Aang and we sore back to our camp at the shore where the waterfall was. And because Katara knew the pirates were terrible that's why she had taken the waterbending scroll and that's why they were after us.

Sokka was mad that she did that but it was important for us to learn waterbending and that she knew they had stolen it from a waterbender. Sokka walked away in anger but as long as we had it now, we might as well practice with it. Meanwhile Zuko and Iroh were still looking for the tile when they came across the same place we had just been.

This bald monk did he have an arrow on his head? Zuko questions. When we were practicing Katara is getting frustrated that she can't learn the water whip and says she'd give it to us to learn the stuff too after she gets it, but then Aang seems to already know what he's doing and is a natural at this and tried to help her but she yells at him frustrated.

She sees the tears in his eyes and apologizes then gives it to him saying she doesn't want anything to do with it anymore. You can help me with the basics I tell her trying to calm her down. Ok, but give me a moment to calm down. Ok. I move over and sit under the shade meditating.

Out on the water Zuko and the pirate are in a smaller boat from his ship following our tracks along the water. At the campsite the others are asleep and I should be too. But she takes the waterbending scroll and starts working on the whip and I'm still up by the shore next to her in my waterbending outfit working on the basics. Hearing us get frustrated is how they find us.

I get frustrated with just the basics and I sit on the shore and kick my feet in the water. This is hopeless, my brother can do this in his sleep. He's a better avatar than I'll ever be. I frown. The pirate was a safe distance behind Zuko. That's not true he whispers coming up behind me. Are you alone? I ask him. The pirates are distance behind me but I'll protect you from them. And you're not alone either.

I've got one of you, I can go home. My father will be happy to see you. He grabs my hand and is careful not to grab me too tight. I have something that belongs to you. To you and your friend. He rolls up his sleeve and takes my bracelet into his hand. I believe this belongs to you.

Where did you get this? On an island where the earthbenders were captured. You have her necklace. If you have me do you really need my brother too? You know I wish I could say no but if I bring both of you maybe my father will love me again and I can return home. Zuko home is where the heart is. I shake my head frowning. Is the fire nation really home to you?

He frowns at me and starts a sentence grabbing my hands, but then I hear Katara scream. She gets out of reach of the pirates only to run into myself and Zuko. He wants to know where my brother is. And that he promises to protect her from the pirates but then she ends up chained to a tree and me to his wrist. I'm sorry to have to do this Farrah but I can't have you running off.

And I know if we weren't supposed to be enemies right now that you wouldn't but you love the chase so you will but if I had you completely, they might be another story, if it was just us. Yeah, just us and not you taking me to your father. You'd only be his prisoner but I'd never let him touch you. Mo gra (that means my love in Irish) he whispered into my ear. I need to take them back to restore something I lost and I can help you restore something you lost as well.

My mothers necklace? Where did you get this?! I didn't steal it if that's what you want to know. Enough with the necklace the pirate scolded him. As he held me behind his back. You promised us a waterbending scroll. He uses his bending to put fire under it, understanding that it must cost a lot of money. I need that I whisper softly to him. He turns to me.... And you'll leave with it by the end of all this one way or another just not right now, besides enemy or not I still want you to be able to learn the 4 elements.

I can find you a teacher, and in the meantime in the times I do capture you I can easily teach you the basics of firebending. He whispers into my ear. I promise. Then he turns to the pirates and tells them that if they help him find what he wants then he'd give them the water scroll and not a moment before. And we could all go home happy then had them spread throughout the woods.

The pirates find our camp and kidnap Sokka and Aang, and Sokka was disappointed in her for taking the scroll knowing that she'd get us in trouble for having it. And we had. When the we all gather again this time it was Sokka who got Aang and I both in trouble. They said we were the avatar and that we'd sell better on the black market. All 3 of us wanted him to shut his mouth.

All I'm saying is take one to the fire lord and you'll have enough for a lifetime, and take both of them you'll be rich beyond your wildest dreams. Keep the scroll we can buy at least 200 with these kids. Over my dead body! He growls. We knew he didn't care about Aang but we knew he wanted to take him himself to his father. And you will be sorry you broke a deal with me!

Stay by my side as if you have a choice I hear Zuko tell me. The pirates throw down smoke bombs. And we're all lost in the fog. A knife is thrown at Aang and then at Sokka as they cut themselves free from the ropes. Momo has set Katara free. In the mist of everything Zuko manages to take the scroll away only to fight with the pirate some more. Aang are you there? Sokka asks. Just follow the sound of my voice he says.

When I want to inhale or blow the smoke away. Hey?! Don't do that, I know you want to help your friends but don't hurt yourself by doing it. If you inhale that or blow at it you'll cough up the smoke. Is that what you want? I shake my head. Great then don't do it. Aang uses his bending to get to Sokka and then to a boat for us to hijack.

I manage to get the scroll, I know that he feels it move but he either chooses to ignore it or doesn't care in order to keep his promise. As I easily slip my small hand out of the not at all very tight in any fashion hand cuffs. As we get on the pirate boat pushing and pulling the water to get it to move then get in and sail away.

A little pirate boat, some boat of Zuko's. As the pirates jump onto it as we sail away but Katara finally gets the whip to work and they get off the boat. And then we save Sokka from the pirates that are trying to capture him and the fling them out of the boat with our waterbending. The only thing I've managed to do right all day.

But we still have a couple of the pirates with us as we get closer to a waterfall and then Aang takes out his whistle and blows into it. We start pushing and pulling the water until Zuko's ship comes barreling at us as we jump over the waterfall together, and Appa comes to rescue us as we land on him.

Bye, I wave to him. And thanks for keeping you're promise! I blow him a cloud kiss as it fades into his face. All the while Iroh comes to Zuko and tells him that he'd find it funny that the tiles was up his sleeve the whole time, Zuko snatches it and sends it down over the waterfall. BTW what did she mean you kept your promise?

Katara was asking me the same thing on Appa. Both: (He) I promised (me) her that (I'd) she'd get away with the scroll somehow after all of this. So Katara what did we learn? Sokka taunts her as I hold the scroll out to her. That stealing is wrong, she says before taking it. Unless its from pirates. She laughs. I'm sorry Aang you were just so naturally good at waterbending that I got jealous and it put us in danger and I'll never do it again.

ZT: Goodbye Mo Gra, see ya real soon. You did always love the chase. Tag was always her favorite game I guess that makes me it, until I capture her again.