The Gift

Hey guys! Im gonna jump ahed about 6 months here. It's Rin's 18 birthday and Lord Sesshomaru has a surprise like never before!

Rin sat up and stretched. It's been about 6 months since Lord Sesshomaru told her he loved her. The thought of her having his love made her smile. She got up and got dressed. Today was her 18th birthday, Lord Sesshomaru had told her he had a surprise for her. Rin made her way down the castle hall to the smell of food. After her and Sesshomaru talked, he suggested she come live with him. Rin found her way to the table and sat down, and older looking demon brought her breakfast.
She ate alone and in silence, which wasn't unusal seeing as her Lord rarly joined her for a meal. When breakfast was done, she left and walked out into the rose garden that Lord Sesshomaru hade made espically for her. The sun was strong and felt nice on her back. She closed her eyes and just enjoyed the smell and the sounds.

"Rin?" Her eye's snapped open to the sound of her lord. She jumped to her feet and faced him.

"Oh, Hi My Lord." She said smiling at him. Sessomaru and Rin's relationship hadn't changed so much since they admited their love. Only thing changed was Rin now lived in his home, he was less guarded with her, and once and a while they would share a kiss or a hug.

"Happy Birthday." He said, handing a small box to her, she felt the smooth silk that the wooden box was wove in, knewing the box itself must have cost him some money.

"Th-thank you." She smiled.

"Hmph,the gift is in the box." He said. Oh she thought, opening the box up, she stopped to hold her breath. Sitting inbetween to small cushions was the most beautiful ring she has ever seen. She was taken back, her Lord has never gave her a gift of such luxery before.

"Lord Sesshomaru, I dont know what to say, its gorgeous thank you." Her smile was brighter then before.

"Theirs more." He said, not meeting her gaze. More? she thought, what more could he possibily have to give her.

"Rin, seeing as we know where our feelings stand, I want to make you my wife, the Lady of this land, and the one to bear me an heir to this throne." He said. Rin held her breath again, was this really happening? Did he just ask her to marry him, and bear him a child?

"Yes." Was all she could manage to get out, clearly still in shock.

Sesshomaru's P.O.V

"Alright then." He leaned down to place a kiss on her forehead before reaching down to place the ring on her finger. Rin was his now, they were to be married. She would be his mate. Something about that realization made him feel a way he has never felt before. He felt almost at peace. Rin glowed as she looked at the ring. Preperations would have to made and soon. Sesshomaru left to his chambers, leaving his bride to be in her garden. He knew he had to tell his mother, and go to Inuyasha so Rin could tell them aswel. He stopped to ponder what kind of wedding she would actually want. Money was no object to him, so he could aford a lavish wedding if thats what his love wishes. Sitting down he came to wonder also how he came to be inlove with a human, a human woman he rescued 10 years ago when she was just 8. Rin opened something in him that he thought was all but dorment, she brought some sort of light into his darken world. He would protect her with his very life.

"Jaken." He called, knowing the loyal imp would be close by as always.

"Yes M'Lord." He said, waddling into the room.

"Take care of Rin, have her and A-Un ready to go in 3 days time when I return." He said, jumping out the window.

He was off to inform his mother.