Chapter 6: Caught In A Thunderstorm

>>Kioshi POV<<

The sun is shining through my curtains and onto my face. My eyes fluttered open and I was blinded by the bright summer sun. I glance over at Tadao and see that he's still asleep. It's a nice day out so maybe we can get out of the house and do something. Tadao will be hungry when he wakes up so I'll make us some breakfast. Pushing myself up with my arms I quietly get up and shut the door behind me.

While I pulled out a pan to cook the eggs and bacon in I thought about where we could go. Since he's a cat he's limited as to where we can go out in public together. Perhaps the park or maybe the gazebo in the woods that's surrounded by cherry blossoms. I used to go there when I was little because the fresh air calmed me when nobody else could. My parents didn't really care about how I felt or if I was lonely while they were gone all day at work. I'm glad they don't live here in Japan anymore. They ruined my life and I haven't missed them not once since they abandoned me at the age of 16. I became my own person; responsible, smart, and independent. I didn't need them in my life anymore.

I heard the bedroom door creek open and out came Tadao wearing an extremely large sweatshirt that he must have taken out of my closet. He hugged me from behind and sniffed the air. "Morning Tadao." "Good morning Kioshi!" Tadao said happily. I smiled at his cute face that he made. You could tell he was still sleepy because he kept yawning constantly. "Tadao, why don't you go back to sleep. I'll wake you when breakfast is ready." He shakes his head furiously obviously thankful for the invitation to go back to sleep. Tadao wandered off into the living room and laid down on the couch.

"Tadao. Tadao wake up. Breakfast is ready Tadao." "Mmm, okay" Tadao said. I walked back into the kitchen with Tadao on my heels eager to eat. I pulled out his chair for him and sat down in my own seat. "Thank you Kioshi." I just smile at him as I reach out to grab the syrup. I had made pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Tadao licked his lips unable to decide which to eat first. I had cut his eggs and pancakes up into small bites so he could eat it easily. Tadao picked his fork up and stabbed his piece of bacon and shoved it in his mouth. "Haha, Tadao you don't eat your bacon like that. You pick it up with your fingers and eat it. It doesn't require a fork." "Oh, I didn't know sorry." He apologized. "Hey you don't have to apologize for everything, you know. I know you don't know a lot of things, but that's why I'm here to help you." Tadao looks at me in awe. He gives me a warm smile and says thank you about a million times for my help and for being nice. I laugh at how adorable he is when he gets like this. "So Tadao I wanted to go out today." "To where?! Are you going to leave me alone again?! Please don't Kioshi!" "Don't worry your coming with me okay?" "YAY!" Tadao exclaims. I reach over and pet his head making him purr in delight.

I washed the dishes and told Tadao that I was going to take a shower. The warm water hit my back soothing me. Massaging my scalp with shampoo I don't realize that I had begun to hum a tune. I also didn't realize that Tadao had come in and was listening to my song. As I turned the water off and grabbed a towel off the rack I turned around and saw Tadao staring at me. "AHH! Tadao what are you DOING in here?!" He flinches due to my yelling and starts to walk out but I grab his wrist and spin him around so he is facing me. "Tadao I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell. You just surprised me that's all. I'm sorry. And what were you doing in here?" Tadao looked back up at me pleased with my apology and said "I heard you singing so I wanted to get a better listen!" Oh yeah I had been singing while I washed my hair. "Haha well I'm not that great a singer so you might not want to listen to me again." "I thought you were great Kioshi!" He hugs me and I just laugh. "Thank you Tadao." I lean down and kiss the top of his head. Tadao grins and hugs me tighter. "Tadao I have to get ready okay?" "Okay." He says reluctantly not wanting to let go. I walk around him and go to my closet and pull out a pair of light blue jeans and a short sleeve white button down shirt. Tadao will have to stay a cat most of the time but if we go to the gazebo he might can change to his human self. I decide to take an extra pair of clothes for him and put it in a backpack. I walk out of the room and into the kitchen and grab two bottles of water and two sandwiches that I had made while I was cooking breakfast. I put them into the bag as well and grab an umbrella and put it in there too, just in case. Tadao walks over to me and asks when we are leaving. "Now, actually. I finished packing up our stuff so you can change into a cat now Tadao." He smiles at me and slowly starts to change.