Chapter 10: Does This Mean Goodbye Forever?

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER HAS EVEN MORE FEELS THAN THE LAST. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU MAY NEED TISSUES.

>>Tadao POV<<

'Ugh, why isn't he home yet? I miss him. Maybe he's taking his parents to the airport? Maybe. Hopefully.' I thought to myself. It was almost 9:00 and I was so tired from waiting for Kioshi to come back all day. *sigh* I'll just go to bed then. He'll probably be here later tonight.

~10:30 at night~

I couldn't sleep without knowing if Kioshi was okay or not. I thought he'd be home by now but I guess not. As if answering my prayers I heard the front door be unlocked and open. "Tadao? Are you awake?" Kioshi whispers poking his head through the crack in the door. "Yeah." I mumble into the sheets. I peak over the top of the covers only to see that Kioshi was standing in the doorway staring at the ground. "Kioshi? What's wrong? Did something happen between you and your parents?" He tensed up when I said this. *drip, drip* I heard something splatter against the floor. It sounded wet. Like water. I sat up to get a closer look at the sound. It was water after all. But not the kind of water I was expecting. Kioshi, was......crying. "Huh? K-Kioshi are you o-okay?" I stammered confused at the salty tears laying on the ground. Kioshi slowly lifted his head up to look at me. "Tadao. I'm so sorry. I didn't want to have to do this, but.....it's the only way." Kioshi said his voice cracking and shaking. Now I was even more confused. What was he talking about? "Um Kioshi....what exactly are you talking about?" Kioshi looked me in the eyes and said, "Tadao. I'm so.....sorry." Kioshi ran towards me and clutched me to his chest sobbing on my shoulder. I was so confused and all Kioshi was managing to say was I'm sorry. Sorry for what? He did nothing wrong. Maybe he's sorry for being gone all day, leaving me by myself? But why would he be crying over that? "Kioshi your not making any sense. Is everything all right?" I asked concerned. Kioshi looked me in the eye, his face flushed and tears rapidly flowing down his cheeks. "Tadao. There's something that I need you to know. I know you're going to hate me for this; but trust me, I hate myself even more." Kioshi said in a low serious voice. "What is it Kioshi?"

>>Kioshi POV<<

I told Tadao everything. I didn't leave out not one detail. When I finished telling him the tragic news I looked up at him. His face was mixed with shock, horror, sadness, and a hint of anger. It hurt me inside to see him like this. 'Good. It should hurt. What your doing is cruel.' 'But it's the only way. I have no choice. I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to him.' My head was arguing back and forth with each other. Tadao burst into tears then. "K-Kioshi! I d-don't want you to do t-this! PLEASE! Kioshi I'm begging you! I don't want you to d-die! But I also don't want you to be with her! KIOSHI PLEASE!" Tadao was crying uncontrollably, he was screaming and yelling and sobbing so loudly I was surprised that my neighbors hadn't complained. At that moment I wished I was dead. I wanted to kill myself. I felt so low. So empty and heartless. I started to cry again too. I did the most evil thing I could ever do in my life. Tadao and I could never be together ever again. I would forever love him but I had no choice. It was the only way to save him. "Tadao, I understand if you hate me. I hate me too. But please, you have to understand." "NO! YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME! GOD, WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN?! EVERY TIME I GIVE SOMEONE MY HEART AND START TO TRUST THEM THEY LEAVE ME! I THOUGHT YOU WERE DIFFERENT! BUT I WAS WRONG!" "Tadao please!" "NO! SAVE IT! I HATE YOU! I DONT EVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN!" I went into complete shock. He.....hated me. I was traumatized. How could he say that? He's just upset, thats all. I would be too if I were in his shoes. He'll calm down eventually. "Tadao. I'm so sorry. I will always love you no matter what. You are the only one I will ever love. No one could replace you." "Save it." Tadao ran out the door and out of the apartment. He slammed the door shut. All that you could here now was my pitiful cries. He hated me and now I was going to pay the price for my stupidity.

>>Tadao POV<<

It was raining hard outside and it was almost pitch black. At times like these I'm glad I'm a cat. My eyes help me see clearly in the dark. I couldn't stop crying. The pain was too much for me. Maybe the pain will go away if I go away. Forever. Nobody wants me. So why should I even be alive anymore? I knew I couldn't trust him. I can't trust anybody it seems. They always betray me and turn their back on me. I thought he would be the one that I could really trust and love without him breaking my heart. I started to run down the middle of the road wanting to run away from all my worries. A car came out of nowhere around the corner though blinding me with its lights. I covered my eyes with my arms and just waited for it to hit me. This would be the easy way out. I wanted to die. But that wasn't happening today it seems. They had stopped the car and opened the door. "Hey! Are you okay?!" They said. The voice was a males. It sounded familiar but I could be wrong. The man ran towards me splashing water everywhere. "Are you okay?! Are you hurt?! Do you need to go to the hospital?!" He walked closer towards me. I could see his face now and the man before me was the last person I would ever expect to run into.

"Tadao?"