Part 11

22nd January 2022 Part 2

Ben's POV 

I've seen this person before.. but I can't recall from where! The seriousness in his demeanor and you really tell that every move he makes is calculated.

We stood in front of the gates while we watched him and Herr Elias get off the helicopter and walk side by side, and that's when it hit me- "Herr Alvin, this company's biggest investor and advisor."

They got inside and sat on the comfortable white couch while Elias laughed about something, probably from a conversation he was having prior to landing. He asked for refreshments and Elias's personal bartender served them lemonade out of all the famous drinks he could prepare. Why? Because everyone knows Alvin doesn't drink, this guy is respected just like the boss himself if not more. Rumors has it that Alvin saved this company from one of it's lowest points and helped it rise up again, could this youngster really be a prodigy?

"So tell me, Alvin, what are you going to do?" Herr Elias asked him as he kept the glass of lemonade back on the table and relaxed his elbows on his knees, fingers intertwined.

Alvin gently shaked his glass with the remaining lemonade and ice cubes inside before switching his vision from the glass towards Elias, "I'm going to finish university first, and try to live a life my mother would've wanted."

Elias's eyes widened, "That's good, I respect your decisions, allow me to arrange an apartment for you near that university."

"That's very kind of you, uncle, but I have already made arrangements, I want to experience what it's like living like a normal person."

"I understand, if you ever need anything, you know you can reach out to me."

And with that, before leaving Alvin shaked hands with Elias and he- he shaked hands with me? He could tell that I'm incharge? I've never properly met him before but the respect he radiates for those around him is heartwarming, I'm actually starting to feel glad I came on a day off. He's definitely something different. Dangerously different.