Part 7

15th January 2022
Aloïsia's POV

"The more you give the more you receive" yeah sure but like why am I the one ALWAYS receiving! It's been around 2 weeks maybe since Alvin became my flatmate but he's barely ever home at the right time! He often brings a lot of snacks or food and he pretty much always shares it with me—But whenever   attempt to share something with him, oh gracious me :) he ain't home. "Nice" 

As usual, he wasn't home today either. But today, no sir, today I ain't giving up. I got my yawny ass off the bed and got fresh, tidied up my room and sat down to study. 

I sometimes let my mind wander off to different thoughts and memories. I sat with my social science book and the pages flipped one after another from the gusty wind blowing through the open door of my balcony. It was sunny but my body felt chilly, mind wide awake yet my conscious elsewhere. 

I stretched before resuming my study session with the book I barely understood. But if I try hard enough, I'll eventually get it through my head. After a good few hours of studying and taking notes, it was time to go to work. I can finally start saving money since my rent is now halved. 

.   .   .

My eyes kept going back to the white plastic bag I was carrying. I mean, why wouldn't they? It had one of my most favorite dishes ever! Creamy beef and shells, I'm already drooling. After a long day of work I can't help but starve. And of course, I couldn't wait to share it with him. I hope he likes it. 

Upon getting inside the apartment, I quickly placed the food on the table and knocked on his door. "Is he home?" I thought to myself after realizing that the door wasn't locked. I noticed a note folded on his bed so I walked further into his room to check what was written on it—

"Note for Aloïsia"