Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Liam felt really sore in his back when he stood up. He was unaware of where he was, and how he even got where he was at that moment. He didn't really remember anything, all he really knew for a fact was that he was exhausted at the moment. He wished he could remember. Oh, how he wished he could remember. Even the faintest of details would help. He rubbed his eyes and allowed them to adjust to the morning light. He checked his surroundings. He saw a tree, a lake, some bushes, and two boys, a blonde and a curly haired boy, both passed out on the ground and...

Oh.

He remembered. He, Niall, and Harry had gotten thrown out of the orphanage, which Liam found completely absurd because families were supposed to be loving and accepting of each other. However, there was an apparent double standard memo that Liam must've missed. He didn't deserve this, and neither did his friends. Maybe if Tyler weren't such a snitch then none of that would have happened in the first place. His words rang through his head and pierced his skull. It was a sound unlike any other. The sound of betrayal. The sound of loathing. A sound Liam hoped he would never have to hear again. And he thought he was supposed to be himself. He was finally embracing something about himself that he was terrified of expressing, and then THAT happened. Madam Higgins herself was the one who had told them to embrace everything that they are. Apparently expressing themselves was off the list.

Liam allowed Zayn to cross his mind. Then he started worrying. What if he didn't even notice they were gone? If he did, did he even care? Or was he to busy looking at Rosie to notice anything else? Whenever he would hang out with them, Zayn would hardly even talk, he'd smile and nod. He wouldn't even look at Liam, he was too infatuated with his girlfriend to notice anything else. Sure, Liam was happy for his friend, but that was exactly it. Zayn was his friend, but he sure wasn't acting like one. They never talked. When they did talk, it was always about Rosie. And Liam was beginning to grow tired of it. Maybe Zayn didn't even notice. His brothers were gone, and he probably hadn't even grown aware of the fact that they were gone. That was fine with Liam. They could live with each other, and eventually with Louis once he was released from prison. Only one more year. It still wasn't soon enough. It needed to be sooner. He missed his oldest companion.

Then Liam thought about school. Wait, school! He realized that they still had to go to school, whether they were living at the orphanage or not. They had grades to maintain if they wanted a suitable career in the future. Maybe Tyler would respect Harry and not tell everybody? After all, Liam and Niall WERE Harry's best friends. Damaging them probably wouldn't be the best decision on Tyler's part. He had done enough already, and Liam hoped Harry slapping him would give him some sort of hint. The feeling in the pit of his stomach told him otherwise, that maybe Tyler WOULD in fact tell everyone. That would only make their taunting worse, and all people would do is make fun of them, or not even acknowledge them at all.

Liam didn't know why he was even worrying when nothing had happened yet. He looked at his friends, who were still clad in their school uniforms. Luckily, he was too so that they'd be able to get into their school. Even though that wasn't even Liam's biggest concern at the moment. Judgement was. He hated being judged, especially by his peers. That hurt whenever they said something bad about him and his friends. He perked up a bit, because they still had Ed. And Zayn would have to acknowledge the boys at some point, considering they had the majority of their classes together.

He thought about waking his friends. They had to be at school in an hour. Liam checked his mobile phone (that he was grateful he still had), and he was right. When he looked back up, he saw Niall begin to stir.

"W-where am I?" he wondered sleepily. "What...what happened?" He started to stand up. He looked around, and the realization hit him. Hard. "Oh."

"We're home." Liam had no idea how else to put it. It was true to a certain degree, it was their very first home. It was where everything started. He sighed simply and nodded. "Home, yeah."