Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Harry couldn't stop smiling, even after the boys' group hug broke up. He was so glad to have Liam back. Not the fake Liam either, the old Liam he knew and loved. The Liam he desperately missed. The Liam Niall fell in love with.

Niall seemed happy too, Harry could see that. So could Liam. It brought back times of how close they all used to be. That reminded them of Zayn and Louis. Harry had hoped that Zayn would come and visit him. He knew Louis obviously couldn't, he was still in jail. At least they still had contact with him.

A knock was heard from the door of Harry's hospital room. Harry gave Liam and Niall a look telling them to answer the door. As they went to open the door, Harry grinned as the red head walked in.

"Ed!" Niall greeted. He shook Ed's hand enthusiastically. Ed grinned at the blonde.

"Hello, Niall!" He turned to look at Liam, and glared. "Payne."

Liam was confused. "What's your problem?" He challenged.

"MY PROBLEM?" Ed practically screeched. "Who's the one that ABANDONED Harry when all the bullies attacked him?" Liam opened his mouth to protest, but Ed wouldn't let him. Pointing to the bandage on Harry's nose, he yelled again. "You could've prevented that pal. We all could have. But really? Were you ever there for him?"

Harry grabbed Ed's wrist. "Ed, you don't have to...we worked it out," he explained.

Ed's face became red. "You're...you're sure?"

Harry nodded, grinning.

Ed looked down in embarrassment. "Dammit. Sorry, mate," he said, looking in Liam's direction.

Liam shrugged. "Hey, you've got nothing to be sorry for. You're right, I was a total dick to Harry and Niall both."

Ed looked at him. He simply nodded, not wanting to escalate any further.

Liam smiled. He then switched gears from worrying about Harry's broken nose (he was still worried, of course) to worrying about Niall.

He looked at Harry. "I'm gonna talk to him, kay?" he whispered into the green-eyed boy's ear.

"You do that."

Liam nodded. He took Niall's hand and walked into the hall. He didn't know what he was doing. This was the boy he fell in love with, then completely blew off for some stupid girl that was completely oblivious to the fact that Liam missed his friends. What was he going to do? Or say? He hadn't had a real conversation with Niall since before Christmas! He broke into a nervous sweat, Niall's crystal blue eyes looking at him, concerned. He'd shown more concern for Liam in two seconds than Liam had shown for Niall in two months. Why couldn't he be a good friend? He was blinded by a stupid inconsiderate girl. He promised himself he'd never let it happen again. He then chuckled, realizing that this was the second time they'd been at this hospital. Both times were because Harry was injured.

Harry was injured.

Liam ceased his laughter. That was no joke, this was his brother. He had been friends with him the first time, they were close then. Of course then, Tyler still bullied him. None of them had known Ed. A lot had changed since then.

"Niall?" Liam wondered.

"Yeah?" the shorter boy questioned.

"Mate, I know you haven't been eating..."

Niall blushed. "Er..."

"Don't worry. I'm not going to call you fat. The people that did call you fat are idiots. They're not worth it. You're better than them, I swear to you."