Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Tyler felt like a huge jerk.

He looked over at Harry, who excitedly tore open the letters from Louis, not even noticing anything strange about the nonexistent address. It had only said Harry's name on it. This didn't bother Harry at all, because he wasn't even looking.

But Tyler knew.

When Louis had sent the letters, he was confused. He had nowhere to send it to. What if the boys weren't living in the woods anymore? Or if they were still living in the woods, what was he supposed to write for the address? "The Woods"? He didn't have the slightest idea. So that's what he did.

When the mailman saw this strange letter from Louis Tomlinson, the outlaw, he knew it could be trouble. He intended on throwing it away, but it turns out he had to anyway because it had no real address on it. What kind of place was "The Woods"? So the man tossed the letter where all the other unmarked letters went: the garbage.

Tyler, however, happened to be waiting by that particular garbage can. He would read the unmarked letters, because it wasn't like the people were ever going to get them, was it? So he thought it wouldn't matter.

Until he came across a letter for Harry Styles. He immediately broke into a nervous sweat. Carefully, he looked to see who it was from. Scrawled neatly in the left hand corner, just above the return address, was the name Louis Tomlinson. Which made Tyler's heart pound even faster.

Louis Tomlinson...where had he heard that name before?

That was of no importance to him at that point. He was just worried about the letter. What should he do with it? Read it? No, that was private information. Well, all of the letters were, but now it actually meant something in his life. Ignore it? No, he couldn't do that. Rip it up? No, that's worse than leaving it there! Heart pounding, Tyler snatched the letter. And he kept it hidden. He didn't know why.

And he'd go back, only to find more letters for Harry. And he kept all of those, too.

But when Harry mentioned Louis, Tyler knew he had done something wrong. So on Christmas Eve, he placed all twenty of the letters under the tree.

And now Harry was opening them. Reading them, one by one, as if his life depended on it.

Harry, however, was completely ignoring his surroundings, and didn't see Tyler carefully watching him. He read all of Louis' letters, and frantically ran to get a pen and some paper. He pondered at what he should write. He bit the pen, deep in thought. He then got a good idea.

"Dear Louis," he began, "The boys and I are all okay. We're not living in the streets anymore. We currently live at the Higgins orphanage, and you can write us at this address." And then Harry gave Louis the address for the orphanage.

"How have you been? We're doing okay, we just miss you a whole lot. I know I do. Like I said, the boys are doing okay, Zayn has a pretty girlfriend named Rosie. Liam and Niall...well, it's complicated. I don't know if they're together or not, but...they've been drifting apart, it seems. And me, well, I've been bullied a lot ever since we got here. This kid named Tyler had been bullying me severely. It got so bad that I attempted suicide."

Tyler was peering over Harry's shoulder. He felt his heart sink at the mention of his own name, and he was sickened at how Harry had mentioned the suicide attempt. He'd written it so simply, as if it hadn't meant anything at all.

"Well yeah, then when I was in the hospital, he confessed his feelings for me and kissed me.

That's right.

HE KISSED ME.

I was shocked, Lou. It just makes me wish you were here.

Well, the boys and I have to go eat breakfast. We love you and miss you.