14

After witnessing the interaction between Olivia and Alex last night you thought it was best to just head off to bed. You tried to keep your mind from racing and thinking the worst. Why was someone targeting Olivia? Why were they in danger? Why wouldn't she tell you? What did she mean by Alex wouldn't lose her?

You struggled to sleep throughout the night waking up cranky. You tried your best to keep up the act of everything was fine but your brattiness increased as the day went by. Olivia and Alex took notice fairly quickly but tried to ignore it knowing that you tossed and turned all night. However, Olivia's patience was wearing thin.

"Y/n" Alex calls out to you. "Would you like to take a swim?"

"No, thank you," you mumbled from the chair in the library. To anyone else you looked like you were engrossed in the novel however you've read the same page three times now.

Alex sighed giving up as she turned to Olivia. Olivia smiles kissing her lips. "Go on. I'll be there soon," she says as the blonde walks by.

Walking into the library she sits in the chair next to you.

"Are you ready to talk?" she asked.

"What's the point?" you mumbled turning the page of your book.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly what I said Liv. What's the point? I ask you what's wrong only for you to deny it and not answer me. In return, I'll get angry and mouth off and end up getting punished. I'd like to spare my ass today thanks."

Olivia sighs shaking her head knowing it was time to tell you.
"A threat has been issued against me by a family called the Santos Brothers. That's why we're on vacation. That's why I didn't want you to go to work this week at least until it dies down. "

"So you lied to me to get me here? And you lied to me again last night? Why?" you asked.

"I was trying to keep you safe."
"By lying to me?!"

"These brothers are no joke y/n they're upset with me for putting their father in prison. This is a very powerful family and they have connections everywhere."

"All the more reason to tell me. You know I get that I'm younger than you and I get that our relationship is 95% of you being in charge but I thought that you considered me as your partner not your toy."

"You're my partner! And I've never treated you like my toy! " she shouts.

"Maybe not in the beginning but here lately that's what it feels like. You trusted Alex, not me. You told Alex not me."

"She was there!"

"That's not the point Olivia!"

"Then what is!"

"Nothing Liv. Just...It's nothing." you mumbled.

She sighs combing her hair out of her face.
"Baby, listen I'm sorry I lied. I didn't think about how you would feel about it. Honestly, I'm scared and I don't want to lose you. I don't want you to get hurt because of me. I thought I was doing the right thing. Alex only knew because she was there when it happened but your right that doesn't matter. I should have told you. I'm sorry."

" You didn't have to lie I would have left with you willingly. I would have done whatever you thought was best. But I understand why you did it.  I just wish you would have told me. I don't want to lose you, Olivia."

"I know. I'm so sorry y/n. I really am. Please don't be mad at me. I hate it when you're upset with me. "

You smiled standing up to sit in her lap instead. She gathers you in her arms kissing your lips. You hummed into her mouth holding her tightly against you. Pulling back you smiled at her.
"So what happens now?" you asked.