CHAPTER 14

FOG [E-SPORT]
CHAPTER 14

Yu Sui's purpose for coming to IAC at this time was obvious.

For a while, Shi Luo didn't know whether to get angry or to feel relieved. He was so tired that he just sat down on the stairs and lit up a cigarette.

Zhao Feng had on a bitter expression. "You should have guessed it already. Whisper's here to talk about you. Didn't I say this was going to happen? He still wants to buy you. I already guessed it, but ..."

Zhao Feng hesitantly said, "Although club management isn't allowed to privately contact players of other clubs, everyone knows that there will still be some hinting of transfer fees and such in private... It's human nature. What I want to know now, has Yu Sui already made you an offer? "

Shi Luo smoked his cigarette and shook his head.

Zhao Feng didn't believe him at all. He asked closely, "He really hasn't? Maybe he implied a price and you just didn't catch it? I won't look into whether you two have been in contact privately. I just want to know how much he's offering you. He's already coming tonight. I need to know what's what so that I can be a bit prepared. "

Shi Luo still shook his head. "He didn't imply any price. I don't know."

Zhao Feng looked distrustfully at Shi Luo.

Shi Luo had a splitting headache. "Would you believe me if I told you he won't give me a cent?"

Zhao Feng looked at Shi Luo in surprise. "How's that possible?"

Shi Luo was upset and said, "Why are you asking if you don't believe me?"

"Okay, I'll treat it as if he hadn't contacted you, so why don't you tell me what you want." Zhao Feng also sat on the stairs. "Would you like to stay in our club or go to Whisper's? I'll let you in on a secret. Whisper's going to go about this the hard way. We made some inquiries. Instead of buying a ready-made team to grab a spot in the league, he's preparing to form his own team to fight through the secondary league to earn a spot.

Zhao Feng gave Shi Luo a warning glance. "That is to say, if his new team loses in the qualifiers, his team will be stuck in the secondary league for the entire season. You should consider this risk yourself."

"Master Shi, you have already changed hands twice before and you might feel your situation's kind of miserable but have you actually experienced real misery? You know those players who are obviously capable but can't climb up because they're forced by their black-hearted bosses to stay in the secondary league? Those guys aren't any less capable than you players here. Maybe they don't have enough commercial value, or maybe they offended someone from the top, or it may just be because they're playing a striker and the leagues overflowing with them already. They clearly has the ability to play for a first-line team, but they can only run around the second league teams, playing inter-city competitions. Have you ever seen an inter-city match? Do you know there are times when they can't even sell a single ticket? In the entire stadium, there's only the players' parents watching?"

Zhao Feng let out a heavy sigh. "Those players who can never appear on stage, they're the ones who are really miserable. Evil, there's nothing disastrous about your career. What are you miserable for? Do you think about where you debuted? You debuted in FS, the former e-sports mecca! You were still a minor and you made your debut at FS. Then you went to NSN another first class first league team, and then you came to our IAC. "

Shi Luo smoked his cigarette in silence. "Each team worse than the last...isn't this miserable?"

Zhao Feng's chicken blooded zeal was coldly doused by Shi Luo and he suddenly coughed.