CHAPTER 133

FOG [E-SPORT]
CHAPTER 133
EXTRA CHAP 01

In order to ensure the fairness of the matches, half an hour before the match, the league officials would draw a referees for each team. The rule was that the referee must not be from the same competitive division as either team.

This was so that the clubs would have no chance to have any py deals with the referee and the referee would have no time to have any contact with the players.

The event organizer for this World Competition has mobilized a total of 48 referees from every corner of all the major competitive divisions. The referees who were drawn must never be from the same competitive division as the players.

For the first quarterfinals match of Team Free against Team Sacred Sword, Team Free drew a young referee from the wild card Latin American division.

This young referee has just entered the industry this year and has just been a referee for half a year. He usually happily spent his days in this peaceful and serene small wild card Latin American division. He has never had any dealings with the major competitive divisions and didn't understand the grievances between them. He had been selected by the event organizers purely because he could speak several languages.

For the first public appearance in the World Championships, he was going to be the referee for a match-up between two world giants. The young referee was surprised but also very happy.

For him, it didn't matter who won. It was good enough if he's able to do his job well.

The young referee was born in the wild card competitive division known as the "Weak Chicken Mutual Pecking Alliance". It was his first time to come to such a big stadium. It was his first time seeing such impassioned cheers of support before a match. He felt that this trip was worthwhile. He had broadened his horizons!

The players of Club Free were very powerful. They defeated last year's champion by winning three consecutive games; allowing him to see three charged high-energy games. The young referee felt that this trip was not in vain! The collision between the strong teams was too intense! It's just so cool!

Being assigned to Team Free's side, he was able to see the very famous Gemini twin stars of the China Division up close. He was very satisfied. In the flesh, the real Gemini twin stars of the Chinese Division were exactly as rumored - handsome and their playing was even more handsome! The other two players were also awesome!

It's just that they don't like talking to the staff much. They don't like to laugh a lot either. They also always love to insult each before the start of each game. They didn't seem very approachable.

But coming from such a powerful and illustrious club and being that strong to boot, it was normal for them to be a little niubi.

But what the young referees never ever expected was that Team Free would be so proud that even after winning the game, they didn't hug, didn't disconnect their peripherals, didn't hug and cry with their backstage coaching staff. They remained sitting where they were as though waiting for something.

What were they waiting for?

Was there some sort of special routine that was part of the culture of players from big competitive divisions?

This was not in line with the normal operation of the matches. The young referee naturally had to go and ask. The game was already over and the players needed to leave the soundproof room.

The youngest player inside, Evil said unhurriedly, "We're not in any hurry, we'll wait for our opponents to delete their accounts before we leave."

...