Chapter Twenty

Three Days Later ~

Three days.

Three days have passed since Beth's life had been flipped upside-down, the life she once lived was gone, everything she knew or thought she knew was in shambles and not a single thought occupied her absent mind. She had spent most of her time like this, sprawled across Jeff's bed, staring aimlessly at the ceiling while emptiness, numbness and feelings of isolation enveloped her. She felt vacant, emotionless and senseless. She spent her nights sleepless, the first night she had a horrific nightmare and screamed.

Beth's mind flashed with images of her parent's, their pained agape expressions as they wailed in agony and flames engulfed them. There was blood, lot's of blood, an ocean of it, it slowly creeped up Beth until it swallowed her. It was cold, like the embrace of death, it was dark - she couldn't see or breathe. Her lungs struggled for oxygen as a demonic laugh echoed in her mind, a distorted face filled her vision. It was a face of a dog, that dog.

A cruel smile etched into his unnaturally large mouth and his eyes a pitch black like an endless night, a hell-hound was the only way Beth could describe him. His face burned into her mind as her lungs burned from lack of oxygen and she struggled desperately to get to the surface, fighting against the sea of blood that dragged her down deeper into the abyss.

Beth felt hopelessness devour her as she closed her eyes to accept her fate, but to her dismay, she didn't die. She awoke, this time another face welcomed her, a cheshire-cat like grin, stretched from ear-to-ear glinted against the shadows.

'You want me to put you out of your misery, princess?'

'Yes, please. Do it' Beth pleaded, her eyes filled to the brim with tears.

'To bad!' Jeff said as he cackled.

The ground beneath Beth began to quake and started to crumble, she began to fall, she opened her mouth to let out a noiseless scream. She fell into complete darkness, endlessly falling, for what felt like eternity. Unable to grip or hold onto anything until finally, pitch-black tendrils emerged from the shadows.

They writhed around and constricted her, crushing her ribs and pushing the air out of her lungs, she felt fear, pure, unfiltered fear. The tendrils creeped up her like vines and held her in a crushing embrace.

'FeAr NoT ChiLD I wILL stOP Your fAll JuST Come To MEE' The voice filled her with pure terror, it was unfamiliar and otherworldly, it was many voices speaking in sync in different pitches and tones.

The tentacles squeezed her and she heard her ribs crack, pain shot through her body as she screamed but the lack of air from her lungs made it come out as more of a gasp.

'No' A voice spoke, it was a female voice but it wasn't hers.

Beth searched the darkness for the origin of the voice and her eye's fell upon two, brightly burning green orbs floating in the darkness.

'Don't go to him' the voice said, it was quiet but soothing.

Upon hearing this voice, the tendrils tightened their grip and caused Beth to gasp for air, darkness was starting to consume her now and Beth continued to try to scream but was met with failure.

'Beth, wake up' The female voice said.

'Wake up!'

Beth felt her body being shook violently.

'WAKE UP!'

Beth's eyes shot open.

'WAKE UP!"