Chapter Twenty-Two

Jeff eyed Jack as he cocked his head.

"The girl is yours?" He questioned, Jack spoke with eloquence and his voice was smooth.

Jeff shrugged.

"She's my problem if that's what you're asking" Jeff stated bluntly.

Jack turned to Beth once-more, which caused her to back-up.

"You already owe me" He said coldly, keeping his 'eyes' trained on Beth.

"Yeah, yeah I'll do whatever you want, look, I need to borrow that farmhouse of yours for a while" Jeff said, waving his hand at Jack, that regained his attention.

"What for?" Jack asked in a lowered voice.

"Uh well, that one over there thought it'd be fun to kill her parent's and I ended up killing her neighbour, so now the police are gonna be searching the forest" Jeff said, pointing to Beth, she glared at him in response but didn't dare utter a word.

"That's my problem, how exactly?" Jack questioned, cocking his head.

"They're looking for the three men too, you know? Two blondes and one scrawny one, ringing any bells?"

Jack silently stared at Jeff for a moment before he placed his scalpel back into his hoodie pocket, Jeff did the same with his knife.

"In a way, I warned you so you know... you're welcome"

Jack simply sighed and ran a hand through his thick, chocolate-brown hair.

"I was going to ask for your help too, actually" Jack stated, politeness was present in his voice.

Jeff rose a brow and is if on queue a woman with dazzling blood-red hair and emerald-green eyes appeared from around the corner, she skimmed across the floor gracefully and her pale skin seemed illuminated against the low-light. Jeff watched her glide towards him, memorized, her eyes were wide and full of life and vivid colour, her eyes held a faint neon glow as she effortlessly moved across the room.

Her skin was smooth and flawless and her enchanting beauty and aura captivated Jeff, he fell into a trance-like state as he watched her and felt the urge to move closer as she bewitched him but he began to feel nauseous and he pulled himself out of the hypnotic state she had put him in. Jeff didn't like the effect she had on him, not one bit. He gripped his knife and glared at the woman.

"Who the fuck is she?" He demanded, anger laced his tone.

The woman looked at him, her eyes were full of curiosity and questioning. She felt wrong... everything about her from the way she moved and looked was off, she seemed unreal and ethereal but also held a dangerous and sickening vibe to her.

Jeff snuck a glance at Beth who had also fallen under the trance-like state, only Beth had automatically started to approach the woman - entranced by her and her eyes were glued to her, wide with awe and wonder.

"Beth!" Jeff snapped.

Beth blinked and looked at Jeff, she now seemed slightly shaken and bewildered after Jeff snapped her out of her trance.

The woman now had her eyes trained on Beth and she licked her lips, her green eyes started to glow brighter as hunger swirled within them.

Jeff gritted his teeth and reached for his knife, he pointed it towards the woman but his arm was shaking, not with excitement or joy, but with fear.

"Who the fuck is she!?" Jeff repeated, his voice was a yell now.

Jack seemed unbothered and stood unmoving, he simply turned his head to the woman.