Chapter 13- Sick

Sick
Did I already tell you I was in a singlet and an extra mini-mini skirt yesterday standing in the rain?

Because if I didn't, and this isn't the hundredth time hearing it, then well yeah I was standing in the rain wearing a singlet and an extra mini-mini skirt yesterday.

And that leads to the big fever I'm having right now.

I checked my temperature and it was around 41 degrees C. My head was spinning like hell, and yesterday I got back home at 7:20am. 7:20! I got to sleep at 7:30 and within 20 minutes my mom comes in the room telling me to wake up because she thinks I sleep too much.

I'm going INSANE!

But when I wouldn't even budge or tell her to go away she got a bit...arrogated. So she starts singing, which I always tell her it sounds like Damien, and then when I still wouldn't get up and tell her "I'm awake! Can you NOT sing?" she started to get worried.

Why isn't she at work today? From what I've heard, she got a promotion and now only goes to work 5 days. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Other days are her day off, and today was Tuesday, so for once in a lifetime, she was home.

Where was I? Oh yeah. She starts to shake me gently and when she felt my forehead, she finally knew what was going on. Finally! Talk about being a doctor's wife.

Right now is 2 pm in the afternoon. I know I should sleep more, but she says "Maybe you slept too much...I mean you did go to bed before midnight right?" She hands me the pills.

Swallowing them in one go I reply "Yeah, before 12."

Sure thing mom, sure.

I don't know why I didn't run in the bar, but instead I stood outside until Brooks found me. I find him sometimes worried about me, but he doesn't give me that...feel.

Everyone was wasted, stoned and such yesterday, so I had to wait till the morning to get home, and man did that KILL.

I wonder if Damien actually cared.

"Achoo!" I sneezed.

Sniffing, I turned back down to my bed and closed my eyes.

Before I could think, time had passed like that.

"Cheryll!"

Someone was pulling my eyes apart, and guess who?

"Damien..." I groan.

"Get up, dinner."

"Dinner in bed?" I ask.

"Dream on."

Sigh. I would swap families anyday, anytime.

I step out of bed and I wobble like jelly.

He's leaning on the doorframe and smirking.

"you really are sick aren't you"

"Nah Damien, I'm faking all of this just so I could sleep longer." I said sardonically and rolled my eyes.

"Here, I'll give you a hand down."

I held his arm firmly, because when I said I was weak, I meant I had NO strength in any matter.

"So what time didja get back?" he asks in a low, soft voice.

"Round 7."

"But you left only 6 yesterday...and I didn't hear you climb back up."

"I meant 7am bro."

"The fuck? They didn't tell me that today, what happened? You okay at all? What did you do?"