Chapter 15- The Drama

Drama
I literally froze on the spot. He didn't look like he was even scared, actually he looked annoyed.

It was a man around his late thirties, and he was definitely crying.

The whole time he was whispering something in Ryder's ear, once in a while his hand would tighten around the gun.

A hand fell on my shoulder, and I was close to screaming but then the other hand went around my mouth.

Spinning around, it was Brooks. He pulled me away without a word, and I wasn't stopping him.

"What's going on?" was my first question.

"It's nothing. Don't worry." He brushed away his hair from his forehead.

"Nothing? You call that nothing?" my finger was pointing to that place where a crowd was growing.

"I don't know! Can you shut up for a sec?!" he looked tired, but he was definitely angry.

I fell silent.

"Sorry." He mumbles.

I looked left, whereas he looked to his right.

Police sirens grew louder, someone must have called 911.

I slowly walked back to where Ryder was, the man was no longer there, but Ryder was holding the gun, staring at the ground like it was interesting.

Something made me walk closer, closer than anyone else near him.

He saw me, but he didn't move. My hand was about to touch him when the cops pushed infront of me, making me stumble backwards. Brooks caught me.

They handcuffed him like he was something dangerous, but he didn't care. Maybe to him it was already normal.

Brooks was still holding me, when I realised I was leaning onto him the whole time, I smiled shyly for a moment and pulled away a little.

He let go.

"I better go."

The place soon returned back to normal, but I was still standing there while everything was just racing by.

Life was racing by, without me.

"Where have you been?" three voices came at me once I closed the door.
"Thinking?"

"You actually think?" Damien gave a sarcastic smile.

"Yes I do. Unlike you."

"Ouch." He acts, placing his palm to his heart.

"Enough." Dad had an unreadable expression like most times.

"You're not a little girl anymore, I respect that fact, but you are definitely NOT an adult yet, so you should call home when you are coming home late. Grounded, two weeks."

They expected me to have a fit, to scream, shout, like I have learnt my lesson. Not really in the mood.

"Yes dad. I'll be in my room if you need me."

Walking up those stairs I felt so sleepy. I needed a rest, a break.

I laid on my bed, looking out the window.

I was a miracle, something to make me happy, make me forget, make me free.

It's not going to happen.

"Hey, you okay?"

"Since when did you become a caring brother?"

"Since I stopped becoming jealous."

I laughed. "Of me? Sure."