Chapter 12- Alone

Alone
"Wake up? Come on Cheryll, wake up...please?"

My eyes slowly fluttered open, and staring straight in my eyes were the most worried, soft eyes that I have ever come across which was for me.

"Brooks...?" my voice was a bit strangled.

"Cheryll." He hugged me close. I smelled him, he smelled nice.

I sniffed his shoulder.

"You're ok now." I wasn't sure, but I think I heard his voice wobble a bit.

I leaned back, facing him.

"Thanks...you're the one who saved me...back then right?"

He looked a bit lost before smiling and saying "Yeah."

"You want to stand up?"

I just realised I was on a couch, and my knees were still weak.

"Ok." I held onto his hand for support, and as I had thought I couldn't even stand properly.

I sighed and I laid back on the hard sofa. "So what happened to the guy?"

"He was one of Skye's people, don't worry he got taken care of."

Sometimes I like to hear the cruel things, but just thinking of that guy's face was horrifying.

I just sat there thinking of everything, which was basically about nothing.

After minutes, my hand got sweaty and it was then that I remembered I was still holding onto his hand. I quickly let go "Sorry."

He looked surprised by my action, but still he had this...protective thing about him.

It was then I looked at the door, it was not exactly closed and I saw a shadow, a shadow of someone that I believe was Ryder.

Once again, I do not know what had made me but I ran after that shadow leaving Brooks in that room. It led me outside of the bar, possibly the backdoor which not many people knew about.

I see smoke coming from behind a tree. I slowly walk up behind and see his back side.

"What do you want." He knows I followed him.

It was more of a statement that meant 'Piss off already.'

How was I supposed to answer that? Usually when people are rude like that to me, I give them no chances of talking and I tell them off so badly, but because of something that I wasn't aware of, I felt...speechless.

He dropped his cigarette, and stepped on it and started to walk away from me.

"Hey!" I yell out.

He stopped in his tracks.

I walked up closer and I gently touch his shoulder. He doesn't turn around, he doesn't even move.

"Do you really hate me that much?" my hands slide off.

"No. I don't hate you."

Thank you.

"I just...you...remind me of my ex." His voice sounded something like he was telling the truth. And nothing but the truth.

So that was it? I reminded him of his ex? Was that why he sometimes treated me like crap while other times he actually 'acted' like he 'cared'?

My eyes hit the ground as he walked past me, right past me, like the wind that softly blew on my face. Except this wind it hit hard, and for some reason it hurt.

I was standing there alone, looking up at the dark sky, the sprinkle of rain began to fall on my face.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.