Chapter 5

Somewhere in Drail's old world, a conversation occurs...

"Have you found out about the whereabouts of our target, Del?"

"No, sir. Not even our best mages can track where he went. That spell is no ordinary piece of magic."

"So there's more to him. Even if he didn't use that spell, he owns five out of the eleven currently attainable Concepts. We couldn't possibly beat him."

"We underestimated him. He would've had a plan for when this happens. Sigh..."

"We'll get him next time. We just need to find the Concept of the Cosmos."

Drail's pov

Babysitting two sick humans isn't a fun thing at all. If only I had the Concept of Comedy... Both Dotto and Reefer got sick from experiencing the Concept of Chaos, that is partially my fault for drinking too fast. I just had a mere headache but the two got high fevers and were bedridden. They decided that they will share the same bed for some reason. What idiots.

"How are you two feeling?" I came in the room with a sandwich I quickly prepared. They both groaned.

"Not good, still feeling awful..." Dotto said, his breathing was shaky, I feared I had to use a Concept on them. But I believed it isn't that severe.

"What did you even do, Drail?" Reefer asked.

"I showed a glimpse of the Concept of Chaos. One of the eleven Concepts." I explained

"Huh, what are these 'Concepts' anyways?" Dotto asked. I grumbled a bit then sighed, I guess I do owe an explanation to them.

"Concepts are the basis of everything in the world. Not only this one, mine as well. Normally, worlds can't exchange things in them under normal circumstances. But Concepts flow freely across worlds. I currently own five out of the Twelve. Chaos, Cosmos, Life, Dreams and Origin."

"Origin? I have an idea of what the other four do but what does Origin do?" Dotto sat up and wiped the sweat from his forehead.

"The Concept of Origin is the first Concept made, it's the oldest one dating back to the creation of the universe. It has the abilities of every Concept. Past, present or future. But it takes an immense amount of power and reason to activate it."

"Ah, wait. How do you have something so powerful?"

"... I have no idea either. My earliest memory is having two items with me. A clear orb and a pitch black scale." I said, I didn't know that those were the Concept of The Origin and Concept of The Cosmos. Two of the most powerful things to ever exist.

"Well, it must be easy for you to live your life, right?" Reefer coughed, I gave him a glass of water.

"Not necessarily. Concepts are no easy thing to use. I don't usually get a headache after drinking alcohol. That's the Concept of Chaos' payment. It punishes those who use and see it but depends on how strong they are. It can be fatal to those who're weak."

"A h,  m a k e s  s e n s e ." Dotto laid back down. They didn't look like they're improving. I sighed, guess I did have to use the Concept of Life.

"Okay, I will use the Concept of Life. The penalty for this Concept isn't that severe." I said, I opened a pocket dimension and grabbed a green glowing seedling. I sighed and prepared myself.