Chapter 10

Dire woke up with Dotto staring at him intently. "Why... why are you staring at me like that, human?"

"Heehee, because you're gonna teach me magic, and I can't wait." Dotto's eyes glimmered with excitement.

"Don't mind him, Dire. He's just excited and childish." Drail commented as he entered. Dotto ignored Drail.

"Alright then, for the next few weeks, I'll teach you Wind Art: Zephyr Fundamentals."

"Ooooh, sounds sexy! What does it do?" Dotto excitedly asked.

"Well, Zephyr Fundamentals is, how should I put this... You gather Wind Energy onto your fists to deal extra powerful blows." Dire crossed his arms. "Even though this is the simplest form of wind magic, it is still hard for someone with no magical energy to actually be able to successfully conjure it."

"It'll probably fiiine, besides, you're a pro at this. It should go quite smoothly." Dotto said. They then got their days started, Dotto cooked breakfast for them, Drail and Dire caught up with themselves, conversing like old friends. Before lunch, Dire and Dotto started their training while Drail watched.

"Alright, the first thing to do is to channel magical energy. Wind energy to be exact. Now, imagine the winds, powerful yet calm. Keep that thought and imagine the winds manifesting on your paw- er, hand." Dire's paw then glowed with swirling winds.

"Wait, imagine the energy on my fingertips? I used to do that all the time when I was a kid! Why couldn't I do it before then?"

"That's because this is a world with no magic. But now that we're here, this world now has magic. It's like... Gunpowder, it needs a little spark to burst into flames. Your world is gunpowder, me and Dire are the sparks." Drail explained. Dotto went 'ohhhhh' and nodded. "Of course, it would only work with who's close to us emotionally, mentally, or spiritually."

Dotto closed his hands and concentrated. He imagined  a tornado and focused that thought onto his hand. Once he reopened it, he was greeted by a glowing tornado spiraling his whole fist. He didn't even know he made a fist. "Hooooly shiiit. That's cool as fuck."

Many people have different takes on Zephyr... Yet he made something so unique to the point where it doesn't feel like Zephyr anymore. Is it because we're in a different world? Dire thought to himself. "Well... That didn't take you long to achieve, looks like you're familiar with imaging magical energy." Even if it was just childish dreams... 

"Well done, you should be able to master Zephyr in no time." Drail clapped his hands.

"Hehe, yeah! This'll be a piece of cake." Dotto had a look of superiority and triumph, waving his newly found energy around.

"Now, you need to be able to generate your own source of energy. You're only siphoning our magical energy which we replenish quickly."

"Ohhh, you're like batteries. Magical batteries." Dotto thought about it, where did magic originate from...?

"In simple terms... Yes."

After a few more hours of training, Drail went into the house to make some snacks. By the end of the day, Dotto was able to produce his own magical energy and better harness Wind Art: Zephyr Fundamentals.

Dire wandered around the lake the next day, contemplating if training the human was a good idea. Suddenly, a gold and lime magical arrow broke the bark of a nearby tree. There was a note attached to it. Dire went and got the letter. It reads as such:

"Hey, Dear!

My, my! You must be enjoying this little reunion of yours, no? Well I mustn't remind you about why we're really here. We have two months. Make it count.

- Yours truly,
ViVi~"

Dire tore the letter to pieces and let the winds carry it away. Hoping thing stay the same for a little while longer...