Chapter 12

Drail thought that it was a good idea to also train Dotto, it only makes sense that he should learn more than one type of magic.

"So, Dotto. What magic do you want to learn?"

"Oh, I dunno. Anything? Since I got wind, I'll need something compatible and flexible with it."

Drail put some thought into it. "Well, if you want something that goes well with wind, try Space Magic. It's intermediate and not that difficult to learn." He showed a quick example by making a field full of stars and dust around his paw.

"Great! So when do I start?" Dotto rubbed his palms together in anticipation. Dire entered the room, followed by August.

"Heya, Dotto. So, you picked what magic you're gonna learn next?" August smiled

"Yeah, Space Magic! They said it goes well with wind." That seemed to have struck a nerve. August's eye twitched.

"S-Space and Wind...?" She asked as if she couldn't believe what she just heard.

"Yeah, what's wrong about that?" Dire asked, looking quite annoyed.

"What do you mean 'what's wrong!?'. Wind and Space don't look good together at all!"

"It's not for the aesthetic features of the magic, it's for combat purposes only!" They continued arguing and soon, Drail helped them take it outside.

"Now that they're gone, let's start with the basics. Conjuring up Space energy. Just do what you did for wind but imagine the vastness of space. Stars being born and dying."

Dotto focused his mind to that, but he did more than that. He imagined controlling the stars, stardust and other heavenly bodies with natural ease. He suddenly had an aura of galaxies, stars and nebulae surround him. All gleaming different luxurious colors.

"My, that... that is more than expected." Should he really be this good at magic? This is odd... Zephyr was different, that was for beginners like him. But he was able to conjure such large amounts of second-class energy on his first try... Truly intriguing. "I believe you're ready for something more difficult."

"You really think so? But I just started." Dotto opened his eyes, the aura faded back.

Dire and August came back in. They both seemed to have calmed down.

"Hey, Dotto, Quick question-" August was about to ask when Dire butted in.

"Human, don't listen to her."

"-Do you prefer elements that look good together or no?" Dire shook his head and face-palmed.

"Uh, I like it when they look cool together." Dotto replied. August smiled cheerfully.

"Aha! Finally! Someone with an artistic view. I'll teach you basic color magic tomorrow. It'll be so much fun!" August went to God knows where to do God knows what.

"Ugh, I just cant stand her..." Dire grumbled. He went to Dotto's room to take a nap. Oh how would, Dotto take care of three beasts!?