Dylan x NB Vampire Reader

Requested by Mira78Lofi87

Happens after the events of the game, everyone survives. Y/N helps Dylan get over his trauma.

Key: Your POV, Dylan's POV

         I was walking through the courtyard with my umbrella. It was a dreadful day, summer break starts soon. I despise the heat. Don't get me wrong I hate that the sun can kill me but the heat is so much worse. It's so... gross & warm. Anyways, I made my way down while checking my phone. A person bumped into me causing me to fall to the floor.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Are you okay? Let me help you," the man stammered.

"I'm fine, just sensitive to the sun," I groaned while moving the umbrella back to cover me.

            He looked frantic, his eyes were wide. He was sweating & his eyes were bloodshot. Ohmygod his arm is missing a hand. 

"Are you okay? You look a mess," I asked worriedly.

"I- I'm fine," he wiped his nose.

"Hi fine, I'm dad. How are you really?" I asked.

              He stifled a laugh & rubbed his eyes.

"It's a lot, life. Also phantom limb pains, & I lost my hand to a werewolf. That's a long story. I saw my boss's dead body. You probably think I'm crazy, I'll go," he ranted.

"No, you don't know how well I understand that," I replied while spacing out, "I'm Y/N."

"I'm... Dylan, can I hug you?" he asked.

"Of course," I replied.

           He quickly pulled me into a hug, it was tight. I wrapped my arms around Dylan & rested my head in the nape of his neck. He breathed in heavily, shakily. I felt his tears hit my back. He hugged me tighter. 

"It's okay, whatever you need, I'm here."

"I feel like I've lost everything. I need something to be mine," he cried.

"I have an idea."

            I covered his eyes & led him to my favorite spot, my job. I uncovered his eyes, they immediately brightened.

"Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod PUPPIES!" He exclaimed.

            He fell to the floor & pet the puppies. I work at the local pet shelter, they are my weakness. I walked into the other room while he was preoccupied & grabbed a special puppy for him.

             Y/N walked back into the room with a puppy that was yelping. I looked up to see a little golden retriever puppy with a missing front leg. I was immediately taken aback. THEY ARE ADORABLE. Y/N put them in my arms.

"Hi puppy! Hello! Hi! Ohmygoodness we're matching. Is it weird to name a dog after yourself? I want to call them Dylan, that's gender-neutral."

"Do whatever you want, he's yours."

"He's mine? I can't afford a dog."

"Then I'll afford him, I'll help you pay for all of his food."

"Sugar parent?" I joked.

"Ew. Shut up. That's dumb," Y/N laughed.

"This is crazy, Y/N. But you have just been so amazing to me. No pressure but do you want to go on a date sometime?"  

"I would love to," they replied.

            I jumped up & gave them a huge hug. This is a turnaround, this is wonderful. I feel like everything will be okay.

A little short but I'm tired. I still like this one.