Pre-Werewolf Nick x NB Reader ~

Requested by princessallii

Your POV, Nick's POV

         I set down my glass & admired the view. A beautiful forest in the background with a pool full of my friends. Let's not forget my boyfriend, Nick. A sweetheart with an amazing accent. It was swim day at the camp & those who couldn't swim were brought to the pool to learn how. It's a wonderful system made by Mr. Hackett & I think it's so cool. Nick volunteered to teach the little kids how to swim, I can't even explain how cute that is. I watched on happily, taking the role of lifeguard. 

"Alright, Ben! Try to swim to me," Nick instructed.

"Swimming is beneath me!" Ben screamed.

"How do you even know that- Nick, buddy. You have to learn how to swim so you can go in the lake!"

"I can go in the lake... on a floatie."

"Come on buddy, it's not scary... I promise!"

"I don't want to!"

"Go already!" A bigger kid said as he shoved Ben in.

          Ben cannot swim. Dear god. I hopped into the pool quickly & grabbed Ben. I set him on the side of the pool as he coughed out water.

"Toby, that was not cool. You do not get to participate in swim day," I heard Nick scold behind me.

            Ben soon finished coughing & I comforted him. Nick came over to make sure he was okay then proceeded with swimming instructions. A little while later almost every kid had learned how to swim. Almost. 

"Ben, buddy. I know that was scary but can we try again at learning how to swim?" Nick asked.

"Can I have two scoops of ice cream at dessert?" He asked with puppy dog eyes

"You know what, yes," Nick replied with a smile.

"Yes!" Ben screamed, suddenly acting not into it, he began again, "Let's get this over with."

            Ben was a fast learner. Nick looked so precious teaching Ben how to swim. He had this extremely protective nature over the kids, he will totally be a helicopter parent if someone doesn't keep him in check. It's still adorable. Ben doggy paddled his way up to Nick, spitting out water as he went. Nick grabbed Ben & held him up in the air.

"You did it, Buddy!" Nick yelled

"I can conquer anything!"

"I'm proud of you, Ben. Now go get dry & get some lunch with the other kids," I directed. 

             He happily ran off & Nick swan closer to me.

"You know, watching you save Ben was really hot," he stated bluntly.

              I was shocked, apparently, my face showed it.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be weird-"

"No- it's okay. I like you too. I was just caught off guard with your change from anxious nerdy guy to blunt dude."

"Blunt dude?" Nick chuckled.

"Shut up! You know what I mean."

Nick returned to his nervous self, "I-If you want me to shut up, you'll have to make me."

"Oooooo Nick's got moves," I teased.

"Ahhhhhh I'm trying my best."

"Kiss me already nerd."