Episode 10 - Creation of an Eastern Legend

Sapience...ah, sapience.

Those who master it become near unstoppable...in the worlds they create.

But when faced with something it cannot control, it is quick to fail.

Such as humanity, making a world for itself and only itself.

Requiring the sacrifices of billions.

Because on their own, one is powerless.

But what if the individual meant something after all?

In the so-called "fictional" realms, species exist with the sapience trait, far outclassing humans entirely.

Stronger, faster, wiser, smarter, more agile, able to fight harder, able to endure and recover from more...and attuned to spirit, instead of mere flesh and bone.

The power of one should never be underestimated, if you reside anywhere other than Earth.

Thus, the easiest way for a human to become more than themselves is to cast off their humanity.

But in which way? All options have their strengths, but most their fair share of weaknesses.

Elves are more agile but physically frail.

Vampires are massively strong, but burn(or pass out) in the sun, and require blood.

The fae can fly, and are nature itself, but can barely take a blow.

Godhood requires faith and is near unattainable by a mere mortal.

The oni are strong, but lack mental fortitude.

Kappa are clever, but helpless away from water.

Tengu control the air, but are helpless on ground.

Youkai as a whole are unpredictable.

...This presents a problem... there are too many options. So...why not become...

(Y/N): ...Everything?

Ran and Chen drop out of the gap in the ceiling, Ran landing on her feet, Chen...on her face.

Chen: Oof!

Yukari: Whoops, forgot to close it.

Ran: It's not an issue, Lady Yukari. But...Everything?

(Y/N): Think about it. The weaknesses of one race get canceled out by others, strengths are only magnified...

Reimu: ...Is there any upper limit?

(Y/N): It has to come from Japanese mythology, but otherwise, nope. However...should it be deemed too cheap, Shisutemu'll force me to pick another.

Ran: ...Maybe you could tie it to Eastern Dream?

(Y/N): ...You kitsune are quite clever. Also pretty.

Ran: Ehe-Thank you.

Ran blushes, slightly.

[Eastern Dream has gained a new ability!]

(Y/N): (That worked?)

==============================

[Eastern Dream - Ran Yakumo]

Shikigamaster: Any minions you command or summon can now use a portion of your strength and abilities.

Race - Kitsune

==============================

(Y/N): This might require a bit of room. Don't want the Hakurei Shrine blowing up.