~Chapter 17~

As soon as the 10th-period bell rang, Seungmin ran to his locker to grab his things. He was nervous. He wasn't prepared for the evening ahead of him at all. It was as if there was a wildfire taking place in his brain.

Shit do I have any homework? I have to fill out that scholarship by Friday... I think. I don't remember damnit... 

He grabbed his Trigonometry binder and threw it into his bag. Then he ran to his car. Throwing his bag over his shoulder, just as he did the day before. Even with his new fake identity, his life was getting repetitive. 

He sighed.

I thought my fake identity would be for the better but nothing good has actually come out of it. Just my luck...

He felt sick, like there was a knot in his stomach, not only was he annoyed but he had an intense stress headache.

Things couldn't be worse. I just need to get home.  

Seungmin arrived at his front doorstep 10 minutes later.

3:25pm

He began to get ready. There was no reason for him to get ready that early, but even so, he immediately hopped in the shower.

Why am I taking another shower? Is this the nerves? Why am I so nervous. It's not like we're hooking up again...

He tried to calm himself. He had already texted Hyunjin the location during his 9th-period study hall, Jisung had made sure to remind him. All he had to do now was get ready and drive to the restaurant. 

It's simple. I'm only overthinking because I'm nervous. But why?

Deep down he wasn't only nervous but scared. He was in over his head. He asked himself 'why?' even though the thoughts floating in his head perfectly explained the answer. He constantly shook them off though. He pretended to be fine. He hated facing his problems.

After getting out of the shower. He continued to get ready. He got dressed in a basic outfit, nothing too extravagant, just normal. A black tee-shirt, a gray jacket, and denim baggy jeans. Normal. That's all he strived to be. 

He let out another sigh for no particular reason.

He dried his hair and put in his despised contacts. 

I should at least attempt to look similar to how I did that night... otherwise, he might notice me at school or some weird shit will happen... who knows...

He decided to put on a few accessories. A necklace and 2 rings. Nothing too special. 

4pm

Damnit. I have an hour and a half to kill... 

He walked downstairs to meet his mom in the kitchen.

"Hey Min! You look nice today!" 

"Thanks mom."

I didn't even try that hard... or did I?

He shook the thoughts away.

"Going somewhere?"

"Yeah... restaurant with friends." He sounded unenthused.

"Everything alright you seem sad?" 

"Yeah... just a headache."

It wasn't a complete lie. He did have a headache.

"We're not meeting until 6... I have time to spare. Do you need any help?" Seungmin added to switch the topic.

His mom smiled softly.

"I'm fine... go upstairs and rest until you leave." She said quietly.

"Okay. Love you mom."