Dream Boy

A/N: I plan to make this oneshot a full fic at some point so let me know your opinions down below. Ill appreciate the criticism. Anyways I hope you all enjoy the oneshot!

(Sonic P.O.V.)

Recently, I've been having these weird dreams, but they're not at all weird. If I like them a lot, why does it feel wrong to say so? I walk to my bed, so I can go to sleep. I sometimes take melatonin to help me if I feel like I can't fall asleep quickly enough. I guess that's how desperate I am. How can I be such a fool? He's not even real. How can I feel the way I do over a person that lives in my dreams? I long to fall asleep so I can be in a fantasy world whereas the real world is right here. How am I so delusional? I close my eyes and then drift off to sleep. The melatonin must have kicked in already. Now asleep, I am awaiting my dream world. A world that I wish I could live in for real.

(3rd person P.O.V.)

Sonic finds himself in a white world of white grass and white trees. He knows where he is. He then runs through the white forest hoping to find him. 

"There you are, faker Sonic says." 

"Hmph, I told you not to call me that." The mysterious figure responds. 

"Oh Shadow, don't be like that." Sonic laughs."I'll be whatever way I want to be." He responds. 

Sonic climbs up a snowy white tree and sits on a branch. 

"What are you doing?" Shadow asks. 

"What does it look like?" Sonic responds as he taps the spot right next to him. "Come and sit down." 

Shadow looks unsure, but he climbs the tree anyway and sits down. Sonic then moves a little to make room.

"You really shouldn't do that" Shadow says. 

Sonic doesn't listen and says "it's not like I'm gonna fall" and continues to wiggle around smirking. 

Not realizing, sonic finds himself at the end of the branch and ends up falling. Sonic doesn't scream though, and Shadow just sits there and watches. Why? Because they're still in a dream world. After softly falling to the ground, Sonic gets back up again.

(Shadow P.O.V.)

I laugh and then say I told you so as I watch Sonic get back up again from his light fall. Well, it's not my fault the tree branch isn't long enough. Sonic responds. I then hop off the tree and walk next to him. Don't do that again. I say. But it's a dream world. I can do anything without getting hurt. Sonic responds. But I still care about you, I say, trying not to blush. Well, don't worry about me. Sonic responds. It gets silent for a second. You know, I can handle a few scars. Sonic says, to break the silence. I know I know I respond. I worry I don't wanna lose another. I say. Sonic looks a bit confused. I understand why. He thinks I'm just a figment of his imagination, but I'm not; this isn't just in his head but in a different dimension, but I can't tell him that yet.

(3rd person P.O.V.)

The awkward walk continues as it's silent. Glances are exchanged, but nobody can think of anything to say. 

"Um, Shadow" Sonic says, finally breaking the silence. "What is it?" Shadow responds. 

"There's something I wanna tell you..." Shadow patiently waited for Sonic to get out what he wanted to say. He didn't want to rush him. 

Not wanting to be hesitant anymore Sonic immediately blurted out "I LIKE YOU A LOT BUT I KNOW YOU'RE NOT REAL I JUST WANNA GET IT OFF MY CHEST." 

Shadow smirked and pulled Sonic in for a kiss. Without hesitation, Sonic kissed back and they both shared a passionate kiss.

(Sonic P.O.V)

I felt amazing, but then I felt..... Ashamed. Ashamed of myself. That I loved a man that wasn't real. I cried. 

"Sonic... What's wrong?" Shadow asked worriedly. "I'm fine." I lied. "You're not, I can clearly see you crying," he responded. 

"Fine I'll tell you what's wrong." I responded but then. I just lost it. 

"YOU'RE NOT REAL." I shouted. "THIS IS IN MY DREAMS. YOU'RE FAKE." I yelled in anger, but he just gave a light laugh and he smiled. 

"Why are you-" 

"Look sonic." He interrupted. "What if I told you I was real?" "Would you believe me?" He asked. 

"Wait, what- "

"Shh" he interrupted again as he put a finger to my mouth. "You're about to wake up." 

"I'll see you again, my dream boy. I promise" he said.

 As soon as I blinked, I was out of that white forest and in my room. Is what he said true? Well, until then, ill keep waiting for him...

My Dream boy.....