The Christmas Party

Merry Christmas Everyone 🎄

It was all week Amy had planned this Christmas party. She seemed very excited about having all her friends in one place enjoying each other's company and spreading joy, that was what Christmas was all about after all. She was gonna make sure everything went according to plan so she had Cream, Cheese, and Chocola help her decorate and send out invitations but there was one person in specific she had to invite in person, and that person was...

"SONICCCC!!!!!!"

The blue hedgehog dropped his chili dog startled by the sudden call of his name but he sighed noticing it was just Amy running toward him. Sonic was honestly confused about how Amy knew his location since he and Tails had just found this Cafe nearby a chili dog stand around the corner.

"Heyy Ames," Sonic said nervously "How did you know where to find me?"

"Tails told me" Amy replied with a smile

Sonic gave Tails a slight glare from across the table to which he shrugged in response as he continued to sip his coffee. Sonic knew Amy meant well but sometimes she could be a bit over-affectionate and embarrassing but overall the pink hedgehog was a pretty understanding person and she tried her best to respect Sonic's boundaries.

"Anyways I'm here to invite you to my Christmas party!" Amy beamed

"I already got an invite though," Tails said

"I know but I just had to invite Sonic in person" She smiled "It's just 10 times more special that way"

Sonic gave a smile back. He loved to see his friends happy and he could tell this party meant a lot to Amy.

"So who's gonna be there?"

"Well almost everyone we know!"

"Everyone?" Sonic asked

"Everyone" Amy replied seriously

Sonic smiled knowing that all his friends would be there but when Amy said everyone she meant everyone so maybe a particular ebony rival would be there too.

"Oh and there's one more thing I need to tell you before I leave you alone"

"What is it?" Sonic asked

"There's gonna be a Secret Santa" Amy responded, "I sent out all the names in the invitations but there's one name left, and it's just for you!"

Amy then handed Sonic a piece of folded-up paper. When he took it his first instinct was to unravel the piece of paper and on it, the name read...

'Shadow'

Sonic's eyes grew wide. Maybe this name was just for him after all he really liked Shadow and found this an opportunity to grow closer and finally warm up to him. He knew his gift had to be special but he had no clue what to get him.

"So will I see you there?"

"Yup," Sonic said "Thanks Ames, see you at the party"

"Bye Sonic!" Amy waved. "Don't forget the party starts at 6"

Then the pink hedgehog left.

"So Tails when were you gonna tell me about this party?" Sonic asked looking directly at the kit sitting across from him.

"I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY" Tails yelled apologetically "I thought you already knew..."

"It's ok little buddy I didn't mean to upset you" He reassured him "Did you go shopping for your secret Santa already?"