Reuniting Again

Sonic was out for a run at the park and suddenly he saw a familiar face sitting on the bench. That guy kinda looks like Shadow, my old crush from high school. Sonic thought to himself. It'd been 5 years since he'd seen or spoken to Shadow. So if the guy was him, it'd be nice to catch up. Sonic then approached the bench.

"Hey is your name Shadow by any chance?" The blue hedgehog asks.

"Yeah, and you're Sonic from high school?" The ebony one questioned.

"Yep, that's me!" Sonic responded.

"Wow, it's been 5 years since I've last spoken to you," Shadow says.

"Yeah, it's been a long time" Sonic states.

Too long...

They both kinda look at each other and then look away to stare at the ground, not knowing how to get out of this awkward situation. They both knew it was kinda hard to talk to someone you haven't seen for a while. Especially if you used to have feelings for them. Sonic finally breaks the silence by asking,

"So how have you been?"

"I've been doing fine" Shadow answers.

"You?"

The conversation continues as laughs and smiles are shared between the two old friends. They talk about what they've been doing since they graduated, what they do for a living now, and just old high school memories the two shared. Makes them both wonder where the time went. Time blows by pretty fast, so you have to cherish every moment of it. You could say they were both glad they cherished their friendship and could remember those moments as they reunited again. But Sonic still had one thing he wanted to tell Shadow before they parted ways.

"Hey, Shadow?" Sonic asks.

"Yea?"

"Back in high school I used to have this huge crush on you but was afraid to tell you and lost the chance when we graduated," Sonic confessed.

Shadow responded to the confession with another one. "Yknow I had a crush on you too but I always thought you were dating that pink hedgehog that always hung around you."

"Hah no even though she had a crush on me I just saw us as just friends. We were never dating." Sonic laughs.

Sonic's laughing makes Shadow laugh as well.

"Maybe we could make this work." Sonic thinks out loud

" We'll see," Shadow responds.