Comfort

A/N: I quick note before you read this is that my formatting changes depending on the story. So if each writing format seems different it's because I really can't decide which is the proper story formatting style. Let me know which formatting style you like better and thanks for bearing with me. Enjoy the oneshot! 

"I only ever met one man I'd call truly caring and that man was Sonic the hedgehog. I remember it like it was yesterday. Me sitting by the river...."

*Flashback*

"Hah Can't catch me!" taunted a 17-year-old blue hedgehog running into the forest. 

"SONIC!!" Someone yelled. 

It seemed like his parents were chasing him but couldn't catch up. He then saw a river. But along with that river, he saw an ebony hedgehog. Who was crying? Sonic walked up to the stranger. 

"Are you ok?" He asked. 

"Does it look like I'm ok?!" The stranger retorted back. 

"Look I'm sorry," The stranger said. "No it's ok I should introduce myself, I'm Sonic," he says. 

"Shadow" the newly named stranger responds. 

"Now tell me what's wrong," Sonic says. 

"Well, it's the 1st anniversary since she died" Shadow responded. "

Who?" Sonic asks.

 "My sister...." Shadow answers

Maria

"How did she die?" Sonic asks. 

"She got shot and killed when I was 18..." Shadow says as he starts to tear up at his response.

"Oh... well it'll be ok," Sonic says as he puts his hand on Shadow's back and rubs it. 

Shadow then looks down at their reflections in the river. It felt comforting to Shadow that he had found someone who cared for him as much as Maria did. He missed her a lot... Shadow started to cry, but suddenly stopped as he felt a soft hand touch his cheek. It was Sonic wiping away his tears. Shadow turned a small shade of red but not red enough for Sonic to notice. 

"I don't think your sister would want you to cry I think she'd want you to be happy," Sonic said after wiping a tear off of Shadow's cheek. 

He was right Maria wouldn't like to see him like this. Sonic reminded Shadow of her too much, but in a good way. It was just the way he comforted and cared for him. It was like how Maria used to before she died. 

"Cmon let's go run off to the park and go get ice cream maybe that'll cheer you up" Sonic cheerily says.

 Shadow can't help but give a light smile as he responds with "ok" and they leave the river in the forest heading to the park.

*End of Flashback*

"And that's why I'm here today. Getting ready to marry the man who gave me the love, care, and comfort I needed in my times of sorrow." 

Sonic smiled at his soon-to-be husband's vows. It was so precious to him that he viewed him that way and Shadow was glad that he got to marry a man as comforting and caring as Sonic.