CHAPTER 1 : INTRODUCTION

Monday, 21 June
It was so hot that day. As I got out of the bus I saw the sun shining ever so brightly. I had already booked an Uber to the city. Decided I should eat first, afterall eating nothing from morning resulted in severe hunger, and the sun was even more helpful in making me dizzy.
As I got into the restaurant, I ordered two bowls of black bean noodles, with some nice Kimbap rolls and a cup of coffee, a literal brunch.
After eating, I checked my phone to search for a few apartments in Seoul.
_Junyoo Apartments. Cost: 800 dollars a month.
_Blockway Residency. Cost: 570 dollars a month.
_Seoul Apartments. Cost: 900 dollars a month.
Gosh. Which son of a millionaire is going to stay in these?
_Eden Dormitory. Cost :400 dollars a month.

YN: should I check this place out? it's the cheapest and I can afford it.
Without hesitation, YN grabs her bags and sets off for Eden Dormitory.
She checks for the location at maps, 2km away.
She takes a train for the dormitory and sets off at 12:30.
At around 1:15, she reaches the dormitory. The rainbow stairs looked kind of weird. Although she was drenched in sweat, the place was fortunately... cool. She felt a sigh of relief but what was waiting for her. she had to climb up all the way to the dormitory. Groaning in frustration and tiredness, she held her suitcase tightly and set off. After fighting with her inner gut feeling to not to go, she finally reached the dorm.
Dark narrow hallway, with a weird cool aura. She looked around to see the landlord, but no one was there. Then she heard a woman giggling and talking, with a male voice. She walked to see a lady, in her mid 50s, talking to a guy who just entered is mid 20s. She had a round head full of curly hair, and wore flower patterned clothes. She looked like a typical Ahjumma you see in Kdramas. The guy looked quite exhausted, probably he recently shifted here. Just shifted I should say, he entered his room and shut the door.
Ahjumma turned around to see me standing and waiting to talk to her.
Ahjumma: Oh Beautiful lady! how can I help you?
YN: Actually I came here to see the dormitory. remember? I called up in the afternoon.
Ahjumma: Oh I see! Are you Seo YN?
YN: yes. Eom Bok Soon?
Ahjumma: (giggling) Yes that's me! take a look around the dorm!
YN: alright
She looks around the place, the rooms. How small and stuffy. As she walked she saw a room, from which she heard weird noises. She checked up only to see a guy, in his 40s, watching some erotic porn.
eww. He was about to reach for his pants when he saw her. And, he didn't hesitate to shut the door in embarrassment or stop that movie in his computer. He kept staring like a maniac. Out of frustration, YN herself walked away.
Ahjumma: Have you looked around young lady?
YN: ahh, yes.
Ahjumma: come here. sit in some cool breeze. here have this.
Ahjumma gives YN some drink, probably a lemonade. YN bows and takes it
Ahjumma: drink it all up sweetie, it's quite hot. Have you come to the conclusion?
YN: sorry?
Ahjumma: (laughing) I mean have you decided? are you staying here?
YN: Ohh. umm, I guess I'm staying.
Ahjumma: Great! you won't find a place  cheaper than this in Seoul. But trust me, everyone who stayed in this place has been successful later.
YN: (smiles) Can you show me my room?
Ahjumma: Oh sure sweetie, follow me!
YN: by the way, should I pay right away? and also at what time of the month you need the rent?
Ahjumma: You can pay me at anytime of the month in the start.
YN: okay. here's the advance rent.
Ahjumma: that's great dear! so, this is your room, clean it up and the mattress is upstairs in the sun. It was dusty so I put it out on terrace.
Ahjumma: and also, clean up your room.
YN: and also one thing.
Ahjumma: Yes? What is it?
YN: I looked at the bathrooms and toilet. As I am a girl, obviously I won't be able to use those. So, do you have a separate bathroom for females?
Ahjumma: Oh! I almost forgot to tell you! silly me. Yes the girls washroom is at the left side of the hallway. If you walk straight and turn left, there are three stalls of bathrooms. You can use those.
YN: Thank you so much.
Ahjumma: It's alright! Girl for Girl help haha! take care.
YN: thank you.
YN starts cleaning the dusty room and gets the mattress from the terrace. It's quite cool. What a nice view. But She didn't have much time to enjoy the view, as the sun was shining on her head and she had to clean. She immediately took her pillows, sheets and the mattress and headed to her room. She finished cleaning at 4:10 pm.
she took a deep breath. Now all she wanted was a nice shower. So she grabbed her hoodie and her sweats and rushed to the washroom.
YN: This is better than my 'home'.
The bathroom was a little dark. but surprisingly cleaner than the men's washroom. What a relief.
After coming out of the shower, YN took out her laptop and started preparing her presentations for college.