CHAPTER 5: BAD FORTUNE

Friday, 30th June
...." he woke up on one call of her daughter."
Worried, YN touched her father's hand, checking for his pulse.

...." he's no more."
YN told herself. he was no more. sadness rushed all of a sudden in YN's veins. She could feel the whole world fall apart. As her father, who was the only one who truly cared for her was now gone too, she had to manage it all herself. Trying to be tough, she got up and started walking away but alas!
she could not stop herself. for one last time, she hugged her dead father's embrace and cried and cried. She cried her heart out. All of a sudden, she felt anger boiling in her blood.

The sudden adrenaline rush made her wild. She did not hesitate to run for her stepmother. That bitch killed him. Yes she did kill him.

Grabbing a knife from the kitchen, she went to her stepmother's room where she saw her sleeping soundly, like nothing happened.

..."whore."
hearing that word from YN's mouth, her eyes fluttered open.

"what the fuck did you just say?"
" you should not have done that."

"what the fuck are you saying? if you're still high from last night put a stick up your ass."

"you SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT."
YN reached out for her head but her stepmother ducked down. She immediately got up from her bed screaming, and ran around the house frantically. Her stepmother couldn't realise what and why she is doing such maniacal things.
Finally she shut herself in YN's father's room. there she saw her dead husband's body, lying lifeless. She could not believe her eyes.
"FUCK."
"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR YOU PIECE OF SHIT."
YN's stepmother realised she had done a blunder. There was no way out if she did not team up with YN.
Thinking hard, she got with an idea of bribing YN with money.
"YN..."
she opened the door slowly to see YN looking like an absolute psychopath.
"YN my dear, I'm so grieving for your father's death. Please calm down and don't forget that I'm 100 times sadder than you are. Before your father he was my husband.."

"that's why you fucking killed him? huh? don't try to fuck with me."
"I did not kill her-"
"YOU DID! YOU PRESSURISED HIM TO WORK HARDER AND HARDER ONLY TO LIVE A LIFE OF RICHES. MY FATHER DID NOT EVEN EAT OR SLEEP BECAUSE OF YOU, WHORE. HE ALWAYS PUT YOU FIRST AND STILL YOU BURDENED HIM. and you say you did not kill him."

after hearing such audacity coming out of YN's mouth, she slapped her so hard that she collapsed.

After YN woke up, she found herself in her room. Remembering all of the incidents, she rushed to see her father but it was too late. She saw an ambulance outside her house which left as she even said a word. The officer left and she saw her stepmother looking at her with an annoyed expression.
YN was heartbroken. That's from where she decided to run away, and never come back.
After her stepmother took her afternoon nap, she ran away.
Only to get escorted back home by a bunch of young adults who thought she's crazy or something.
After that, how badly that bitch beat her up, she still has those scars.

years later, YN chose to work for herself. That's why she shifted to Seoul all alone at such a tender age.

YN got back into her senses when Ahjumma called out for her.

Ahjumma: Are you okay?
YN: Yes I'm fine. just remembered something all of a sudden. She turned off the shower and started getting dressed.

She didn't realise she was crying until Moon Jo grabbed her wrist in the hallway, when she was on her way back to her room.

Moon Jo: want to talk?
YN: sure.

YN said, trying to sound okay and followed Moon Jo on the terrace.

There was a comforting atmosphere up there. There was a hot wind blowing, which made her feel like someone was hugging her. The sun was about to set, making the sky look pink. Pink just like Moon Jo's lips.

She snapped back to her senses when she saw Moon Jo staring at her, adoring her features.

Moon Jo: "Your eyes look deep. They hold a lot. How about you share some of it with me?"
YN: "Oh, I just got a little emotional thinking of my dad. You know it's a long story."
Moon Jo: "So is my patience. You can share it with me, YNnie."
YN got teary again. No one ever asked about how she was doing or what ever happened in her life. She sobbed a little before speaking.
As YN explained everything, Moon Jo had all of his attention fixed on her. He had a lot on his mind too, so he could understand what YN had gone through. He too grew up like that, without any love and affection. No one even asked him if he ate or not.
As YN finished, her voice cracked and she left out a sigh, not letting her tears flow through.

She felt warm hands on her waist, caging her. When YN felt that, she cried again. She cried with loud sobs this time, unlike in the shower. Moon Jo slowly rubbed her back, calming her nerves down. He sent small pecks on her head which felt like small currents passing through her body. YN had never been at such warmth before.

As Moon Jo comforted her, YN felt like the time had stopped. As cliché as it sounds, the world became comfortingly warm, as the sun shone his last rays of the day on them. When YN looked up, she saw Moon Jo smiling at her.

Moon Jo: It's okay to let it all out. Afterall, you can't bottle it up within yourself. That's more human, don't you think?

YN nodded, her cheeks now all red. She was so thankful to Moon Jo, she felt like kissing him. But she really controlled herself, not to embarrass him. She separated herself from his warm embrace, finally making way downstairs.

She went straight to her room, and lay on her bed. She just wanted to hug Moon Jo again. Even if the whole day went wrong, Moon Jo handled it all.