1

Ever since y/n was born, her and Bradley have been best friends. 

She was there for him when his father died. He helped her with anything and everything she needed. They went to school together and went to the Navy together. They were sitting in the lunchroom at the Navy Academy talking about old times.

Rooster, his call sign, says "Ghost, whatcha going to do when you graduate?" 

She says "I'm going to continue flying, how about you?" He says "what do you think Ghost? I'm going to continue flying" y/n says "honestly I feel like the Mitchell/Bradshaw friendship will be forever, passed down to our kids" and laughs.

Rooster says "one good thing that came from a Mitchell" and laughs.

She says "Roo, are you still mad he pulled your papers?" He looks up and says "the heck I am! He set me back four years! Four years y/n/n." Y/n says "Bradley, I never told you this but I think you need to hear it" and sighs. He says "go on, I'm listening" and looks attentively at the girl in front of him.

She says "he also pulled my papers." And looks at Rooster.

He gasps and says "you're serious!? You own dad pulled your papers!? Why?" She says "he didn't want me to. He wanted to protect me from all the physical, mental and emotional damage being a pilot gives you. I was soooo mad when I found out about it, actually I remember me not talking to him for awhile but I forgave him because at the end of the day, he wants what's best for me and he's my dad" Rooster says "sometimes what our parents want isn't always what's best for us" y/n agrees. Jake, y/n's boyfriend walks up and says "hey babe, what are you doing?"
Rooster says "good to see you too pal" and scoffs. Y/n laughs at Roosters reaction to hangman's entrance.

Y/n says "hanging out with Rooster. What's happening today?" Hangman says "well, admiral wants to talk to all of us. He says it's important." Y/n sighs and says "He always says everything's important." And laughs which causes Rooster to laugh. They all walk to the room and admiral Hank salutes the pilots and says "today is an very important discussion. Tomorrow is your very last flight with us before you graduate. It will consist of teamwork and dogfighting skills. After that you will rest and hopefully study for the test that will take place on Wednesday. You will also do a fitness test.

On Thursday, we will calculate all of your scores and present them to you all." Hangman says "how will we be doing the tests?" Admiral says "you will go four by four. The written test section, you all will be separated to prevent cheating. Then at 3:30 you will head to the gym to be physically tested."

Everyone says "yes sir" Admiral says "dismissed" and walks out.

Y/n starts to look a little worried. Rooster says "y/n/n you're looking a little Ghostly" she laughs and says "if I don't get first, my dad will be so disappointed" and looks down.

He says "darling, you are the best pilot here. You could outfly any of us any given time or day, and you know it Ghost" and smiles. Y/n says "thanks Rooster, I don't know what id do without you"

He says "die, that's what you'd do, you'd die" and laughs. She says "you're right, I probably would" and laughs. Hangman says "don't worry, you'll be fine. You'll slide right into first on thin ice just like you always have." Rooster says "and yet she's still the better pilot" and walks off. Y/n says "I wish you tie could just get along" and sighs heavily. 

He says "welp, that's never ever going to happen so" she says "you don't try hangman." And kisses his cheek and walks off to Rooster.

Rooster is sitting at the piano staring at it and y/n says "play the song Roo" he says "anything for you darling" and starts playing Great Balls Of Fire. The other students show up singing along with Rooster. Y/n laughs happily and says "I'll never get tired of hearing you play that song" he says "I'll never get tired of seeing you enjoy hearing it" and smiles. They all head off to their rooms and gets their sleep.

-the next day-

Y/n wakes up full of energy she runs down to get breakfast and then Heads to shower and put her aviator suit on.

They head to the hangar to see admiral Hank. He walks up and says "alright guys, today you will be fighting multiple bogeys and with your wingmen you should be able to finish this rather quickly. First up is Rooster and Ghost, y'all's wingmen are Hangman and spider"
Rooster says "sir, who is my wingman?"

He says " spider. The hard deck is 5,000, if you exceed it you will get points taken off. Dismissed "
They he's off to their plane. Y/n hops in and waits.
After everyone gets in, y/n says "plane 1 request to takeoff" a girl from the control center says "request granted" Y/n says "Roger" and takes off. 

For a minute nothing is happening. Then all of a sudden all the flying instructors come flying saying "Good morning avatars! This will be your hardest challenge! Good luck!"

One of the instructors fly by me and I chase after Him saying " hangman I'm going after Sparrow!" He says "Roger"
I shoot him down and start laughing happily. After about 30 minutes I've shot down 6 bogeys out of 10. Rooster, hangman and Spider got the others.

After the test we go report to admirals office. We then head to the wash room and get changed into some comfy clothes. I say "Rooster?" He says "yeah?" I say "do tot want to study? If not I'll ask Hangman" he says "I will" and smirks sweetly at her.

They start studying and y/n says "do you think I'll pass?" He says "you're the best pilot so of course you will" and smiles. They study for about three hours. They are extremely exhausted. She says "thanks for studying with me. I know you take this very seriously, that's why I wanted to study with you instead of Hangman" he says "I feel like he hates me" and laughs.

Y/n says "he doesn't hate you. He just doesn't like that I spend more time with you than I do him"

He says "that's understandable" she says "yeah I guess but that doesn't give him a right to be rude to you" he says "don't worry about me y/n/n , I'll be fine" and smiles. She says "okay Rooster, well, I'm going to get some rest. We all have a very big day ahead of us, our future depends on it" he walks up to her and hugs her while saying "goodnight my little Ghost" she returns the hug and says "goodnight ya old Rooster" and smiles.

He heads to his room and gets settled into bed but y/n falls asleep right away.
The last thing she thinks before falling asleep is "I want to make my dad proud" and falls fast asleep.