SSF PART 6

Alab frowned. "...I can't.." Their voice quivered with disbelief. Oh. Hold on. Let's rewind.

When Alab went out to see what was making the racket that night, they walked along a path. Eventually, the way split. The path went one way and the noise was another. Their curiosity got the better of them so they followed the noise.

After a few minutes of walking, Alab stopped. Two children stood there, staring at them. One looked delighted and the other looked traumatized. "P-please don't-" The horrified one said. "They won't hurt us. They can't. Obviously this is the thing we've been waiting for." The other one said.

"Wh-who are you? Why are you out here in the woods? What are you talking about?" Alab asked. "Sit down. Let us have a cup of coffee and talk." The smiling one said. Coffee reminded Alab of Rosalie, who was probably either worried or unconcerned. "I should really head back-" Alab murmured.

"Once you know why you are here, you might not brush this off. After all, it's a loop until you fix it." The traumatized one said. "Well.. at least explain that to me. Along with who you two are." Alab demanded.

"Hm. Beverly and Caroline." The traumatized one said. "She's Bev." The smiling one said. "That's a start. Now.. explain the loop and why I need to fix it." Alab continued.

Caroline starts laughing. "Oh you poor sweet fool. You and those other people in that house of yours will do it. You aren't alone."

"Great. I've always hated group projects." Alab mutters, then says, "Well, what do we need to do? What happened here?"

"Well, it was a dark day." Beverly said. "Our family was always tense, but with the death of a beloved family member, things became life and death."

"The house was always arguing. Eventually, what once was meaningless insults and drunken rage because violence and torture." Caroline said, her smile slowly fading.

"We were the first to be killed. It was bloodshed. It was all so petty. Killings others just to prove a point." Caroline explained with distaste. She pointed at a huge wound in the side of her head.

"And.. eventually there was one. He managed to escape." Beverly said. "What do we do to stop the loop?" Alab asked again. "You should find him. He deserves a proper funeral. He'll be around that house somewhere." Caroline advised.

"You all will attend and once you finish the ceremony, you will free us from our tomb and you will be let back to our world." Beverly said. That only gave Alab more questions.

"Our world?-" Alab asked. "Yeah. You know what? It'll make more sense one it happens. Bye!" Caroline said. "It was nice meeting you." Beverly said. The two disappeared.

And back to the beginning. As mentioned, Alab was in disbelief. Did two ghosts just talk to them? They had to stop a time loop? This 'gift' from the house is starting to feel more like a curse if anything.