SSF PART 9

Alab finished explaining what had happened. Rosalie just looked upset.

"YOU WORRIED ME." Rosalie yelled. "And I'm sorry, but there's bigger things to worry about now." Alab said. "Like finding the boy." 

"...I'd avoid the flowers if I were you." Vinny said very morbidly. "..uh, Context?" Kim-ly asked. "Someone in the basement told me that." He explains. "..Damn. Well, we should look around still." Alab decided.

Everyone explored the sections of the house. Rosalie tasked herself with the library, only to find it was like the real life counterpart to the library in What Remains of Edith Finch. Thiago and John looked around the kitchen and living room. Alab, Viola, and Vinny looked around the basement. Kim-ly searched the smaller rooms like the bathrooms and closets, while Nikolai checked the bedrooms. 

"...'Secrets and Where to Find them.' Suspicious name of a book." Nikolai comments, grabbing the book from underneath the bed that he'd been staying in. "Ooh. Open it!" Kim-ly said, peeking over his shoulder. 

It was one of those books where the pages have been cut out to make a box to hide things in. There was a key and a piece of paper. The paper read 'Bottle of Vinegar'.

"Vinegar?" "Vinegar I guess." Their exchange was filled with confusion. 

They head downstairs to show what they found to the others. "There was a book.. with secrets.. and it wasn't one of the thousands in the library?" Rosalie seemed annoyed. "Yeah. Now.. any theories on why it says vinegar?" Kim-ly said.

"Hm." Thiago looked in the cabinet. He grabbed the bottle of vinegar. "Okay found our next clue." He held up a piece of paper. "..wha-" John frowned. "When was there vinegar? I could have used it for some recipes!"

"Either way here's the next hint. 'Pale blue and never red. If rojo you will be dead.'" Thiago read. "..uh. Well there's some flowers-" Viola pointed. "NOPE. THE CREEPY LADY IN THE BASEMENT SAID NO FLOWERS-" Vinny slapped the paper out of Thiago's hand. 

"..Have you considered that maybe it's because of the red ones?" Viola said, rolling her eyes. "..oh." 

Thiago, Vinny, and Viola went to get the flower but Rosalie stopped them. "You don't know what part of the flower you need to get. I know full well none of you have gardening experience." She said. 

As Rosalie demonstrated to them how to remove the entire flower out of the ground, Viola noticed that a butterfly was on the bright red flower. The winged bug then shriveled up and flew away over to the beach, then drowning itself in the ocean. Another flower spouted in the garden.

"..uh.." Viola could only say that. What she witnessed was disturbing. They hurried with the flower. There was only one empty pot they could put it in. Engraved on its side was 'Final factor, attic.'

They all went back inside. 

"..Attic..? A bit vague but sure." Rosalie said. "Oh if this were a film this is where we're dying." Alab said. "Can I see the key?" John asked. Nikolai handed him the key. The entire group go upstairs. 

John unlocks the attic. The ladder creaks down. They all climbed up the ladder. Dusty books. Albums. Record players. Jewelry. The centerpiece was a box. "...like I said, this is where we die." Alab commented. "I found a crowbar. It might help." Nikolai said. "Hey! be careful where you swing that!" Rosalie said after she dodged getting hit in the head with it.

John takes the crowbar since he didn't trust Nikolai with it. He uses it to open the crate. Inside is just a limp body. Preserved by time. "...is that.." 

"I believe we found the body we need to bury." Alab said.