6

A few days passed since the fun day with Rye. We spent the next couple of days after that inside the house with my parents as we hadn't seen them much due to them being gone for about 2 weeks, visiting Rye's parents at the hospital back in his hometown. During these few days, we also found out that Rye's mom was out of the hospital and resting at home while his dad was still in a coma. Rye looked distracted from all this while spending time with me and my parents which made things kind of better.

We were in the middle of playing a game with my parents, when my phone rang out of nowhere, interrupting us. I picked it up to see Jack's name on caller ID.

"Excuse me," I told them, getting up and walking away to answer the phone. "Hey, Jack. What's up?"

"Andy! Hi! One of Sonny's other friends is throwing a party- Ow!" He cut off his sentence as I heard Sonny say something in the background but I couldn't figure out what. All I knew was that Jack had earned a smack from him. "Sorry. Me and the boys were wondering if you and Rye wanted to come with us to the party." He spoke once he brought the phone back to his ear again.

"We'd love to. It will be perfect to keep Rye distracted," I spoke up. "Just text me when and where and we'll be there." I added, nodding to myself as if he could see me.

"It's tonight. I'll text you the address." Jack spoke.

"Okay, great. We'll see you there." I said and hung up. I returned to the table where my parents and Rye were, all eyes focused on me. "Jack asked me and Rye to join him and the boys to one of Sonny's friends party." I told them as I sat down.

"That's great! You'll get to go out and have fun!" My mom exclaimed.

"Count me in." Rye said, a small smile taking over his lips. "When is it?"

"Tonight. Jack will text me the address." I spoke and Rye nodded.

By the time we finished the game, it was already 6pm and the party didn't start until 8pm but the boys would come pick us up on the way there. We were supposed to meet them there as Jack said he would text me the address but they changed their minds last minute and offered to pick us up.

I was in my room, going through my closet, trying to find what to wear but it was pointless. I then decided to go look through Rye's closet. He had better clothes than me anyways. He was currently in the shower so I had time. I went into his room and started going through his closet.

"Can I help you?" I heard a voice, followed by a small cough, making me jump a little. I turned around to face Rye only for my eyes to fall down to the towel wrapped around his waist. My gaze went up, landing on his ads that had droplets of water on them. "Do you like what you see?" Rye snapped me out of my thoughts. I shook my head slightly, realising I had zoned out and looked up at him.

"Yes- No- I mean..." I blurted out as I averted my gaze up to see a smirk on his lips, his eyes glued to mine.

"It's not like you haven't seen any of this before." He raised an eyebrow then winked, making me look away as I blushed slightly, my cheeks turning pink. He was such a flirt when he wanted to. "What are you looking for?" He asked, walking towards the side of his room, opening a drawer to take out a clean pair of boxers. I turned my attention back to the clothes to distract myself and not feel the urge to look as he took off the towel to pull on the boxers.

"Something to wear. Clearly, you had a better taste in fashion than I do." I hummed, earning a chuckle from him. "Bingo!" I shouted, taking out a shirt I had seen him wear before. I turned around with a grin on my face. "What are you going to wear?" I asked, watching him standing there only in his boxers.

He took a few steps and now he was only inches away from me, making me bite my lip as I could feel his breath on my lips. He leaned in slightly as his gaze never left mine, his lips now brushing against mine slightly.