9

A few weeks passed since Rye asked me to be his boyfriend. We told my parents and my best friends the next day, even though Jack, Brook and Sonny already knew since they helped Rye plan everything.

It was a quiet afternoon. I was in the library, playing the piano while Rye was sitting in the living room with my parents. I heard them talking faintly in the background so I paused the song I was playing to pay attention to what they were saying.

"I'd like to stay here with you until mid October, if that's okay." I heard Rye say. "My classes don't start until then so there's no reason for me to go back sooner. I'll also get to spend some more time with Andy before I leave." He added to what he was saying. I smiled at his words. It was only almost the end of September, which meant we had at least 2 more weeks to spend together.

"We'd love that, Rye. Your company makes the house more full than it already is." My dad said and I looked down at the piano, letting my fingers slip over the keys. I started singing a song I had just started writing recently.

"I wrote my number on the back of his hand, then he called before I left Japan. He said, I know what I'm saying when I'm laying my cards, I ain't playing no games with you." I let my fingers play a little longer, not having lyrics for the rest of the part yet but having the melody.

"This is the part where I tell you a lie and say I'm not in love. This is the part where I say I should leave." I heard a familiar voice sing, completing my lyrics and looked up to see Rye leaning against the door frame, his arms crossed and a smile on his lips.

"Wait- That was so good." I spoke as I snapped back to what had just happened. "Say it again." I grabbed my pen and paper as Rye approached me.

"This is the part where I tell you a lie and say I'm not in love. This is the part where I say I should leave." He sang again softly as I was writing it down. I looked at the paper and hummed. I played the melody on the piano again, singing my part then Rye singing the one he added.

"If I leave my love in your hands, tell me you'll keep it safe for me." I sang, writing it down as I suddenly had a burst of inspiration. "I'll feel you in every single beat, babe."

"Tokyo Hotel, Japan. Baby, I'll fly around the world but I'll never meet another boy, like you." Rye added as I wrote it down, grinning. I had been working on this song for a while now but I just couldn't get past the first lyrics I had written. Rye really sparked my inspiration when he joined in unexpectedly.

I looked down at the paper once more then placed it on the piano along with the pen, turning my attention to Rye.

"So, uh. I heard what you told my parents and I'd be happy to have you around for two more weeks." I spoke as I slid to the side so he could sit next to me. Once he sat down, he looked at me with a small smile on his face.

"I get to spend more time with you before classes start." He nodded softly as he placed a soft kiss on my lips. I felt my cheeks burn as I chuckled softly, looking away. He was my boyfriend but I just couldn't stop myself from blushing or getting butterflies at every kiss. He had that type of effect on me. I leaned in and locked our lips into another kiss, this time being more passionate and keeping it a little longer. I let my hand find itself on the side of his neck.

"Lunch is ready, boys!" My mom shouted, causing us to break apart. We both got up and made our way outside where the table was ready. We sat down and started eating, letting the peaceful silence and the birds chirping take over.

"Do you have any news from your parents, Rye?" My dad asked as I looked up then quickly turned to my food, waiting for his answer.

"My mom said that my dad has been the same. Doctors don't see any improvement as of right now." He spoke as I glanced at him to see him looking down at his plate. It was hurting him and I wish I could help him somehow or at least take the pain away for a while.