Chapter 3

Bill put me on Sophia's desk, right next to her computer. Sophia was fumbling her hands and thinking. Bill just sat there, confused.

Sophia went to her closet and plucked a hat out. More specifically, my hat.
Okay... I thought.
It's totally normal to keep someone's hat.
Totally normal...

"T-that's my hat." I stuttered at Sophia.
"Sorry." She responded. "I didn't know."
Then, Sophia took out two tweezers. Bill looked cautiously at her. She took one to grab a little piece of dust in the hat. Then she turned to look at me.

Sophia slowly got out a magnifying lens to look at my fur. She then inserted the tweezers into my fur.
After she collected the dust, she got out a humungous microscope to examine the dust.
"What's that?" asked Bill.
"It's dandruff," I said. "I think."

After a minute or two, she looked more confused, and then worry began to spread  over her face.

"Your DNA..." she started.
...
"It's changed form. You see, DNA is normally a double helix in form. Your's is similar, but most of the genes are messed up, which makes it look untangled in some places.
"That doesn't sound good." I said. "Is it?"
"I honestly don't know. I'll have to research mor-GASP!"

She gasped as a dandruff tube sample fell on her hand. It spilled out, and she jolted out her finger. She winched in pain as she felt some glass cut her finger.
The pain went away after a few minutes, and she later got a band-aid.
"Close call." she remarked.
She then sat on her chair. She began to research on her computer more about Pokémon.
...
An hour had passed now. It's 5:00. Bill has gone to take a nap on Sophia's bed (despite her protests). I tried sleeping on Sophia's pet bed (she had a dog once), which was strange to me at first, but surprisingly comfortable.
Furiously scratching her band-aid, Sophia took a look at her finger and widened her eyes.

Her finger was starting to grow something that looked familiar.

Fur.

In an instant, she screamed and jumped off her seat. Bill quickly stood up of her bed with a surprised look. She then and then looked at her, astonished.

She looked at me, then at Bill.
"Uh-oh."
She fainted, thudding to the ground.

Bill looked at Sophia. He looked like he was on the verge of panic.

Meanwhile, Sophia began to turn into an Eevee more and more. It looks like the fur was growing all over her. Her ears were also going up.  As her hands turned into paws, a bushy tail like mine began to appear.

After a minute or so, her transformation was complete. She was now a small Eevee, bundled up in clothing.

Me and Bill looked at each other in horror.

"I'm worried." said Bill.
"You're not alone." I replied.

We stared at each other with terrified faces for an entire minute. Our silence wasn't broken until we heard a knock on the door.
Bill looked even more terrified.
"Sophia's parents are here!" he yelled. "Quick, Mark, hide!"
He then picked up Sophia and me and shoved us in her closet. I watched through the slits of Sophia's closet door as Bill rushed to the front door.

I head muffled, but somewhat clear voices with my ears. I noticed that the voices coming from outside were Sophia's parents, Carlos and Diana Gomez.
"Bill?" exclaimed Diana. "What are you doing here?"
"Uhhh, I was just hanging out with Sophia." said Bill.
"Then where is she now?" asked Carlos. "We have to tell her that me and Diana are going on a business trip!"

I remembered that Carlos is the owner of a little business that's beginning to grow to other towns.

"I think she's, hmm..." replied Bill, struggling to find an excuse. I could hear muffled whispers between the two parents.

"She's in the bathroom!" said Bill.
"Oh." said Carlos. "Alright. Tell her that she's going to see her grandma tomorrow morning. She will take care of her."
"Bye" said Diana.
"Uh, goodbye." replied Bill.
The door shut.

Phew, I thought.
That could've been a disaster.