34 Real Life

Eros lay in bed, hair still damp from the shower Morpheus had forced him into for an unknown reason only to be gone minutes later with no explanation. Eros didn't think much of it, why should he? His mind was falling too deep into a deep dark hole that he had tried to climb out of but was ultimately left stuck, he screamed a few times but nobody heard. 

Eros looked sick. With dark eye bags and sunken cheeks, pale - almost grey - skin and unmoving with a far-off stare, it was as if he had left his body and didn't go back. His mother's lifeless eyes haunted him day and night, he had been the only one to see her like that before the nurses rushed him out of the room. She wouldn't answer her to name or even when Eros shook her violently to wake her up, she was already gone and he missed her every day.

His friends were up to something, Eros knew that much but it didn't matter because he didn't care and that was the way he wanted it. 

But then the door creaked open and a new face peered around the corner.

Eros' eyes remained still on one place while the person let themself in, obviously cautious and timid as they wrung their hands together and shuffled on their feet.

"Hi, Eros." A voice broke the thick silence and caused the unresponsive boy to turn his gaze to the doorway. He knew that face and yet it was only half registering. The boy smiled grimace, "It's good to see you. To... meet you."

Eros couldn't take the mystery as he searched his mind for a name for the face before him, he knew that face. Eros slowly pushed himself up from his bed and stared at him with a frown, he felt like an idiot but was confused. He glanced at his phone on the bedside table and something came to mind, "Timmy?" Eros rasped, voice almost painfully scratchy and deep with lack of use.

Timothee nodded, tears in his eyes, "Yeah, it's me."

Eros stepped forward, standing directly in front of the beautiful boy a few inches shorter than him. He reached up to his hand and placed it on his sharp jaw, the other one soon following. There were no words to share, no sudden claims or shouting of glee only one forehead against the other and feelings flowing through. 

It was his Timmy come to save him from the darkness in his head and although he would never lean on anyone, Eros knew he needed him to be there and he was, miraculously. Was that what love felt like? 

Eros' thumb glided across Timothee's cheek softly, inspecting every detail and feature like it was the first time because, in fact, it was or, at least, the first time in person. Timothee's hands ran through Eros' short hair, eyes filled with what only could be described as love and passion for the person he didn't even know he was falling in love with.

"You're so beautiful," Eros whispered without a thought and Timothee blushed a deep red, the colour only adding to the artistic work that was Timothee Chalamet. 

"This is the first time I've seen your face," Timothee breathed in wonder, eyes wide and taking everything in. To think a person could be so witty and intelligent and beautiful all in one and he didn't even know it. Timothee only moved closer, "You're so much better than I could have ever imagined." 

A tear fell from Eros' eyes at those words and he chuckled softly, "You're making me soft Timmy."

Timothee grinned, "Only for me, right?"

"Right." Eros smiled fondly, gaze filled with that same love that was unmatched and unobtainable for most.

"So, what now?" 

A moment of silence fell over them.

Eros shrugged, "Be mine?"

"I thought you'd never ask."