Chapter 39

Kera:

"That's not all, he still has reserves," Piccolo shouted and stood protectively in front of Kera as the spurs of Kakarrot's energy hit her. Kera's gaze wandered to Vegeta, who had also pulled his arms in front of his face.

Another thought suddenly distracted her from the battle. She had not yet told Vegeta that she had entered into the bond with Piccolo. He had not agreed with the warrior bond at first, especially when she had explained to him that Piccolo and she had entered into it unknowingly. For days then she had pleaded with him that it would not affect her duty as a bodyguard until Vegeta was finally satisfied. She had entered into the friendship bond with Piccolo shortly before Vegeta had left for space and she had not found the opportunity to tell him. It had only been a few days since they had physically united.

Kera bit her lip involuntarily. A few days ... and the whole year in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. She blushed as she thought back to that time. They had used the time between the training sessions very intensively. Kera had to take a deep breath, which earned her a questioning look from Piccolo.

'Are you all right?'

'Yes. I was just thinking about our intense training.'

Piccolo gave her a smile before turning back to the fight.

She looked to Vegeta, who was intently following the fight between Cell and Kakarrot. She had to tell him. She didn't want there to be any tension between them. Even if their home planet no longer existed, she wanted to respect and uphold their traditions and laws. Vegeta would care as well. She dreaded this conversation, but she would get it over with somehow.

The fight! She had to concentrate on the fight again. If she was still going to fight, she needed to study Cell's attacks. He was hovering way up above the ring right now, while Kakarrot was hovering just above.

"Cell does a Kamehameha!" shouted Krillin.

Kera felt the energy of the attack. "Shit, if that Kamehameha hits the ring, it can destroy the earth," Kera yelled.

"Into the air!" shouted Piccolo, rising.

Kakarrot also rose up to direct Cell's attack at himself. Cell's Kamehameha described an arc, narrowly missed the ground and rose again. Kakarrot dodged at the last moment using Instant Transmission. He emerged only a yard in front of them.

Relieved that the earth had not been hit, they landed again while Kakarott remained suspended in the air. Furious, he looked at Cell.

"You bastard, would you really have destroyed the Earth?" he shouted with anger.

Cell's sardonic grin could be seen by the spectators even at a distance. He came closer to Kakarrot, said something to him that Kera could not understand. Kera's questioning gaze wandered to Piccolo. But before he could answer, Kakarrot shouted, "Get away from the ring!"

They all reacted instinctively and flew a few yards away. Briefly, Kera thought of the people still near the ring, but she saw out of the corner of her eye that C16 was taking care of them and she banished them from her thoughts again.

There was a bang. A flash of light. Dust and rock swirled up. When they could see again, the ring was gone. They looked up at Kakarrot and Cell.

"Apparently the rule that whoever flies out of the ring loses no longer applies," Kera remarked tonelessly.

Kakarrot prepared a Kamehameha. "So much energy again! I'm afraid for the earth," Piccolo said quietly to Kera.

She nodded. But her fear was not confirmed. Kakarrot overcame the distance between himself and Cell in the blink of an eye and fired his attack directly in front of him.