Chapter 100

Piccolo:

Piccolo had sat down by the river in front of his house and was meditating. He felt through the connection to Kera how she grew stronger almost every hour. He had to keep reminding himself that time passed differently for her in the hyperbolic time chamber than it did for him in the real world.

He sighed and broke away from the meditation. There was not much time left before they had to leave for the tournament. He kept wondering what opponents this Champa would choose for them and whether their group was really prepared for it. Just recently he had lectured Kera about how important it would be for her to learn to fight with Vegeta and Goku together for once, and now that wouldn't help them either.

"Papa!"

Piccolo looked up. Menka came running up to him, waving a mobile phone whose screen lit up. He held out a hand and wordlessly his daughter put the phone in. Bulma's face looked towards him as he took the call.

"Yes?" he greeted the blue-haired woman.

"I'm back again. I didn't find the centre of the universe, but I did find out some things about the Super Dragon Balls."

"Tell me!"

"Jaco flew with me to a guy named Zuno. He explained to me how the Super Dragon Balls were created, that there are seven of them, and that they're scattered across Universes Six and Seven."

"Okay. But we still don't know where the last Dragon Ball is, do we?"

"No, I'm afraid not," she returned contritely.

"Never mind. I'll pass it on to Kera."

"Okay. Give her my love."

"Will do."

Piccolo hung up and handed the phone back to Menka, who smiled at him.

"Can we actually come with you to the fight?"

"I haven't talked to your mother about it yet, but I think so. Goku will take Chi-Chi too. He sold it to her as a picnic in space." Inwardly, he shook his head at Goku's lie to his wife. What had he expected to get out of it? "It would definitely be nice to have you guys there for support."

"Reyak can't wait. Will Dende be coming too?"

"I'm assuming so."

Menka smiled, took the phone from him and headed back to the house. It was then that Piccolo remembered that he had wanted to talk to Dende about Menka long ago.

- - - - - -

Vegeta:

With a slightly triumphant feeling, Vegeta looked down at Kakarrot, who was lying on the ground breathing heavily. Even though it was no longer his life's goal to kill Kakarrot to get revenge on him for his first defeat, it still made him feel good when he defeated him.

Kera stood beside him, her hands clasped in front of her chest. She didn't seem out of breath at all. She was in top form. The months just flew by in the space of mind and time. They were getting stronger and amazingly they didn't get on each other's nerves.

Maybe it was even good for a sibling bond. He shook his head vigorously. Soft thoughts!

"I'm already so curious about the fighters from the Sixth Universe. And about this Monaka that Beerus is bringing. I'd love to get started right now!"

"Kakarrot, you're acting like a little kid!" said Vegeta and Kera simultaneously. They both bristled and looked at each other. They smiled. Yes, they were siblings through and through.

"But you once told me that Saiyans are like teenagers until they're old." Kakarrot straightened at those words, looking at Kera and Vegeta in turn.

"I meant physically ..."