Chapter 78

Vegera:

Energy, strength. Sounds, light. Everything came at him at the same time and with an intensity he had not expected. He went down on his knees. Gasped. Rubbed his eyes. It was ... overwhelming. He looked down at himself. He was wearing his usual breastplate. Nothing else on his torso, though. White short gloves on his hands. His trousers were dark blue and cut tighter than Kera's, but not skin-tight.

He squinted at his chest. Flat. A little he had to smile. So this part was not Kera from Kera. He ran his hand over his hair and grabbed the back of his neck. The hair didn't stand out like Vegeta's, but Kera's braid was there.

Probably this was the best fusion there could be. Kera and Vegeta, already together in the womb and now united through fusion. Then he felt something else, something entirely new. Something he had never perceived before. He closed his eyes and saw a golden thread in the darkness. He knew immediately that this was Kera's special connection to Piccolo. Not only brightness emanated from the shimmering light of the thread, but also warmth and security. So even a fusion could not harm this connection.

Slowly he opened his eyes again and straightened up. He was no longer at the height of his strength, despite the fusion. He and Kera had been fighting too long for that, but it would be enough for Kakarrot to gather enough energy.

He looked once more at Kakarrot and saw the energy ball growing. Hercule's words had had an effect.

He took a deep breath. It was time to put an end to this demon. And it would be excruciating.

Now was his moment. Just then the fat Buu was thrown back and landed several steps away from him with a long swat in the grass. He did not get up again.

Vegera dashed forward. "Now you'll have to deal with me. We have a score to settle, you ugly demon."

Kera and Vegeta had fought Buu once before, together, with two bodies. Now they would finish it. Together again, in one body.

Kakarrot stood behind him. Buu seemed to have noticed that they were planning something, because he raced towards him. Vegera stood in Buu's way, stopped and a diabolical grin split his lips. Too late Vegera realised that Buu had lashed out with his right arm and aimed a haymaker at the pit of his stomach. He hit. All the air escaped painfully from his lungs. He held his stomach and doubled over.

Buu grabbed him by the hair, pulled him to him and gave him a hook on the chin that sent his head flying into the back of his neck. He staggered backwards, tried to regain his footing, but Buu was already on him again and kicked him in the face.

Vegera's head jerked back. His gaze blurred and he had to squint his eyes to see clearly again. He fixed his gaze on Kakarrot. The energy above his head was growing. Soon it would be great enough. The call from Hercule had helped. Now he just had to hold on a little longer. Just a little more.

The desire to lie down and sleep grew with every passing second. Another blow hit him. Vegera's movements became slower. His reaction was noticeably weaker.

He managed to block one more blow, then a kick hit him in the shoulder. He felt that the joint was pressed into his upper body. He suppressed a scream. Automatically he grabbed the painful spot and saw the second kick from the other side much too late.

He could only half-heartedly raise his arm, but the kick hit him with such force that he was thrown backwards and landed on the ground. Stars exploded before his eyes. He struggled for breath.

Keep going! He had to keep going. Somehow. He tried to push himself up. No chance. His arms buckled under him. There was no strength left.

"Get out of the way! I'm throwing the Super Spirit Bomb now!"