Chapter 104

Piccolo:

"Jaco, do you think this Hit can control time?"

Pale-eyed, Piccolo turned to Jaco and his companion.

"I think he can. For a tenth of a second. Time manipulation is forbidden." Jaco paused for a long moment. "The problem is, we can't do anything about him."

"Surprising there's anyone else who can manipulate time," Whis remarked. "How convenient that we still have our trump card up our sleeve." He laughed behind his hand.

Piccolo looked at Monaka, who hadn't moved since the fight began. Had he fainted? And what was the meaning of Whis' laughter? Was Monaka not stronger than Goku, Kera and Vegeta?

He watched as Goku flew into the ring and landed next to Kera and Vegeta.

"What tip can you give me?"

Vegeta was just getting back up with Kera's help. "None. Just give it all you got."

"I didn't see anything either. Sorry." Kera gave Goku's arm a quick squeeze. "Good luck."

Then she pulled Vegeta with her and they landed on the platform next to Piccolo.

"Well fought, Vegeta."

Vegeta noted his praise with a grumble, but said nothing further.

They continued to watch the fight in silence. Goku took a few blows from Hit, but then he seemed to get behind the principle of Hit's technique and was able to counter. Vegeta muttered angrily to himself.

"Kakarrot had enough time to watch him thanks to you. Don't get so upset," Kera placated her twin brother.

"He always tries to be where Hit will be after the time jump. That's good," Piccolo commented.

"And he talks so much again." Kera sighed. "I guess that will never change."

Briefly, it seemed that Goku now had an advantage over Hit, but it suddenly turned as Hit hit him so hard that Goku hit the floor of the ring hard and skidded across the floor for several yards.

"Hit has gotten better. Seems he has found an opponent in Kakarrot to challenge him." Vegeta seemed torn as to whether or not he should show admiration for Hit.

"Yes. And stupidly, he's challenged so well that he now has the advantage again." Kera opened and closed her fists nervously.

"Do you think he has another trump card up his sleeve?" asked Piccolo.

Kera nodded. "If I watched him correctly during training, then yes."

At the same moment, Kakarrot underwent a transformation. His blue aura grew wider, larger, and was framed by red.

"He uses the Kaioken with the Super Saiyan Blue."

"Oh yes, I got to know it well when I first fought him on Earth," Vegeta remarked, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Why didn't he use it sooner?", Piccolo wanted to know.

"It's too draining. He can't keep it up for long," Kera enlightened him.

"They're both giving it their all now though, huh?"

Vegeta just nodded after putting his arms back down to protect his face from flying parts. Piccolo had lifted his cape, protecting Kera from the small projectiles. Hit and Goku gave each other no quarter and took no care whatsoever in the arena. It was the last fight anyway, so it didn't matter that the fighting ring was disintegrating into pieces. Vados and Whis had erected protective shields around the spectator stands so that no one was accidentally hurt.

After what felt like an eternity, Piccolo noticed a change in the two fighters. They both slowed down, but did not want to show it to the other. They both seemed to be at the end of their tether.

"Hey Beerus!" suddenly called Goku up, breathing heavily. "Can we fight without that rule about not killing your opponent?" A murmur went through the crowd.

"Why?"

"Hit's real strength is his killing techniques. He is a killer. That's why he can't fight at full strength. I'm sorry, Hit, that I didn't realise that until now."

"No, the rules remain in force!" said Beerus firmly, crossing his arms.

"I agree with the rule change," Champa shouted from across the ring.

Instantly an argument broke out between the two Gods of Destruction, which quickly grew louder and both met in the air above the ring.

Piccolo's eyes darted to Goku, who followed the argument for a moment and then, without warning, leapt out of the ring to land on the ground. With that, he had lost. Piccolo's mouth dropped open in astonishment.

"You idiot!", Kera and Vegeta barked at him as he landed next to them on the platform.

Goku just shrugged his shoulders. "Champa and Beerus would never agree after all. Hit and I will fight another time."

"But now Hit is the winner!" Kera gestured wildly. Hit still stood motionless in the ring

"So what, we still have Monaka. He'll definitely finish him off now. I'm really excited about that."

Piccolo's hand slapped against his forehead. Kera too shook her head. Piccolo had already mentally told her that Beerus had only been fibbing about Monaka's strength.

- - - - - -

Kera:

Kera and Piccolo had retreated to a corner of the transport cube. The tournament was over. Monaka had won - contrary to Kera and Piccolo's expectations. Beerus had all seven Super Dragon Balls. The seventh, which Champa had not yet found, was the planet where they had held the tournament. Beerus had made the dragon appear, wished for something in the language of the gods, and now they were on their way back to Earth.

"Why did Hit let Monaka win?" Kera whispered so the others wouldn't hear their conversation.

Piccolo shrugged his shoulders. "Goku gave up willingly. Maybe Hit thought he owed it to Goku."

"Could be. Do you know what Beerus wished the dragon would do?"

He shook his head. "It was the language of the gods. I'm afraid I don't understand that one."

Kera slid down the wall of the cube and sat as comfortably as possible. She tapped the floor beside her. Piccolo complied and placed himself next to her. She leaned her head against his arm and closed her eyes for a moment.

"I find it really exciting that there are several universes. It's only that little male that appeared after the tournament that scares me a bit."

"King Zeno. The fact that he exists doesn't scare me. That Goku has approached him directly and that it can then come to a tournament of all universes scares me far more. The price will be very high."

Kera felt her heartbeat quicken. Yes, this could be really dangerous for them. Especially because nothing else had been agreed. King Zeno could think today that the torunament would take place tomorrow and they would have no chance to prepare. And they didn't know the price either.

"I guess that means training." She pulled her legs to her chest, encircled them with her arms and leaned even more against Piccolo. He put his arm and cloak around her. She enjoyed his warmth and wished to go home. Once they were back on Earth, she would get comfortable with Piccolo.

Kera looked over at Vegeta, who was not touching Bulma but standing very close to her.

"That Cabba called Vegeta 'Master'," Piccolo said, seeing where Kera was looking.

She smiled. "I know. And it made Vegeta happy, though he'd never admit it. He is and always will be a stubborn man."