Chapter Seven

They had set up the plan, and it was one night before the party. Tonight, it was Snake's turn to tuck in Sabrina good night. Now, he played like he hated doing it, but really, he had a small soft-spot for this child. It was like she was his own. On the way to her bedroom, Sabrina almost tripped over her own stubby legs, but Snake caught her, a knowing, and tired, frown plastering itself on his face. He rubbed his eye with his tail before looking towards the small, dark room once again. It was Deja Vu. The bed side table, the lamp, everything. Once, they had a great time with Snake singing a lullaby to Sabrina. Snake believed he had a terrible voice, but, he only showed Sabrina. He helped her climb up onto her bed before yawning loudly. 

"Alright, it's time for you to sleep." He told her tiredly, raising up the blankets somehow with only his tail. As he tried to slither away to his own bed, Sabrina sat up, letting out a whine. This made him turn around and stare tiredly. "What do you want?" He asked, annoyance lacing half of his voice. Sabrina let out a squeak before Snake realized. "No," He began to tell her, an almost irritated facial expression playing. "I'm not singing for you again." 

"But why?" Sabrina asked, making Snake groan and sigh at the same time. He was tired. It was time for bed. He slithered over to the bed and laid her down, tucking her in once again. 

"Because I'm tired, and you should be too." Snake said in a sweeter than normal voice. Sabrina pouted, refusing to lay down again. "Come on, please!" Snake pleaded in an almost whisper, making Sabrina shake her head stubbornly. Snake deadpanned for a moment before stepping back, preparing to sing. He then remembered a song from a dumb movie he once watched. She'd love it though. 

"There must be something more to us then," He began, his voice sounded like he had a sore throat. It was the song from Charlottes Web. "You and me." Sabrina bobbed her head along, slowly resting her eyes.
"We must be tangled up somehow in, destiny." Snake began to get tired, but it wasn't because his voice was soothing.
"I used to think the sum of one and one, was two, but we add up to," Traditional pause to yawn. "More, me and you." He prepared to sing the last verse of the song, seeing Sabrina slowly drifting off to sleep. 
"I don't know how to say the things I'm thinking of," He paused, looking around for Wolf because he knew his friend would either be watching or recording. "But the something more I'm feeling," He stopped, yawning once more and also thinking if he even wanted to sing on. "Must be love.

He gazed at the resting child and smiled, slithering out of the room to his own bed. Snake kept on thinking about the lyrics. He did love his family. These animals with him weren't just friends, they were family. He slowly rested into his sleeping position, drifting off to dreaming about eating Marmalade. What he didn't know is that, in the corner of the ceiling in Sabrina's bedroom, Web's had caught a small hint of the singing on video. She kept this one a secret for Snake. She crooned lightly at it before going off to her bed.