Chapter Fifteen

"The old switcheroo!" Snake said, chuckling a bit. 

"So," Wolf began. "Chief hands Marmalade his big dolphin, and we get our pardon, everyone cheers, applause applause, exit stage right and then." The plan sounded like it'd officially work. The gang nodded before sharing a glance. "By the time they realize what happened, we'll be driving off into the sunset." Wolf imagined it, such a beautiful scene. "Better than ever, legacy cemented." 

"Gotta hand it to you Wolf," Snake began, motioning to his friend with his tail. Webs then began to hand out the things to jam the circuit. "I thought you were going soft when you did those good deeds, but this proves they meant nothing." Those words made Wolf's inward smile falter. Maybe he did wanna be good. No, no. No time for good, only bad. 

"Well good guys this is it!" Marmalade called, swinging open the limo door with somewhat ease. "Good luck out there, remember, all eyes will be on you tonight, not me." As he said this, Piranha began to unbuckle Sabrina as they all stepped out of the vehicle. "They steal hearts instead of wallets now, friends, meet," It took a moment for Marmalade's voice to boom over the crowd. "Meet, THE GOOD GUYS!" All eyes went on the gang and they sheepishly smiled under the attention. Afterwards, the crowd began to clap. 

"This is different." Snake said, gazing out of the limo. "Stay close to me, Sabrina." Snake pulled Sabrina a bit closer using his tail. Sabrina followed.

"Is this a prank?" Piranha asked, falsely smiling. Shark adjusted in the seat. 

"What's that sound?" Shark asked in shock. "It's screaming, but not terrified."

"Eh-yah." Sabrina agreed with Shark in baby terms.

"Just roll with it." Wolf whispered loud enough to the gang. Webs suddenly came out, whooping for herself. The gang hopped out of the vehicle and made their way down the carpet, questions being shot from left to write. 

"Miss Tarantula, can you give advice for the young hackers out there?!" Someone randomly called out to Webs, making her shrink back and shrug. 

"Grow more legs?" She almost asked herself, continuing her journey. Shark, who was somewhere else, focused on his task instead of the crowd. He muttered to himself before he finally found the fake dolphin, but before he could grab it, fans flooded towards him. 

"Is it true that sharks can smell blood from a mile away?" Someone asked. 

"What? No, that's freaky!" Shark cringed, trying to get the statue. 

"Mr. Piranha, can I get a selfie?!" Some random civilian asked. The crowd was going nuts. Piranha stepped away, trying to get out of this mess. 

"Sabrina, how do you feel that you're the icon of baby fashion?!" Some lady came up and asked, jump scaring Sabrina and Snake, who pulled her closer. Sabrina hid behind Snake, being shy to the crowd. 

"She doesn't have a comment, now back away." Snake hissed at the woman, trying his best to sound polite though. Over, the chief of police was attempting to spy on Wolf, and he noticed. Snake slithered over before trying to open the case, but instead got stuck. Chief put her sunglasses there before Snake propped himself up as a drink. Wolf ran over before skidding to a stop, picking up Sabrina and simply waving at the chief. Snake got raised to her lips until Piranha was heard singing. 

"Look at me." It was heard over the crowd, and the sudden commotion made Wolf lose Sabrina. He looked around, beginning to panic. As he was looking for her, he paused upon hearing the governor's voice. 

"Ah, Wolf." When he heard his name, he turned immediately, he was still panicked because Sabrina had got lost in this crowd. 

"Hi-hi Madame Governor." Wolf said nervously gazing around, which made Diane raise an eyebrow. She shook it off, continuing her talking.