Chapter Fourteen

Today was the day of the gala! It was almost time and everyone was ready, wearing suits and stuff. When Snake slithered in, he stopped to see Sabrina being chased shirtless by Wolf. His mouth went into a line as he watched Wolf struggle to put a dress on the child. Wolf paused when he saw Snake, awkwardly smiling. 

"Hey, hey Snake." Wolf waved awkwardly, holding the dress in one hand. Afterwards he continued to chase Sabrina. Finally she got a grasp on the giggling girl, sliding her into the teal attire before Sabrina giggled. "Oh yeah, I got you, you can't escape the big bad-oh wait," Wolf paused, realizing his words. "The big good wolf." Sabrina adjusted her dress before running to Snake and squeezing him into a hug. 
"Aw," Wolf cooed teasingly. "She loves you." Snake rolled his eyes at the comment, pretending not to care. He never liked love, never needed it. He was a pessimist really. Or you could even say a realist. 

"Yeah, whatever." Snake grumbled, looking down at the adorable child who gazed up at him through big brown eyes. He smiled, but caught himself in the presence of Wolf, who smirked. Honestly, Snake found the dress adorable on her. As the three walked in, Tarantula crooned. 

"Awe, you guys look like a family." This comment made the two share a glance, stepping away from each other. (Yes, I ship Wolf x Snake). Tarantula rolled her eyes playfully before going on, gazing at Sabrina's dress, which she twirled in. It showed half a shoulder and was knee length. It also had a bow attached to it.

"You look amazing Sabrina." Piranha complimented, making the girl blink, not understanding. Wolf knelt down to explain. 

"Say 'thank you'." He told her, Sabrina nodding. 

"Thank!" She called out, making the gang smile. The all crowded around once Wolf said,

"You know what, let's take a picture!" And they did so, everyone with wide (or almost wide) smiles spreading across their faces. 

(Also, here's the dress)

Later, they were all riding in the limo Marmalade owned

Later, they were all riding in the limo Marmalade owned. "Okay guys, this is the big one." Wolf started to explain, making the gang gaze towards him. Sabrina played with her car seat buckles. "The Golden Dolphin is inside a titanium case controlled by a randomly generated five digit code. A code kept safe and secure inside a brief case hand cuffed to the chief." 

"She's not playing around, is she?" Piranha asked after a whistle. Wolf shook his head a little. 

"This code is only accessible with her authorized finger print." Wolf went on. 

"Leave that to me." Snake said, turning his small serious frown into a glare. "And I am not keeping Sabrina this time, you have to. She made it so much harder than it had to be last time." Wolf frowned but nodded in agreement to the plan. 

"While Snake gets the code, Shark will secure the fake dolphin. There will be plenty of 'look alike's' sitting on the tables." Wolf told Shark. 

"I like the sound of that." Shark chimed in. 

"Meanwhile, the rest of us plant circuit jams around the gala." Wolf started. 

"Allowing me to hack into the power grid." Webs finished in a determined voice. 

"At the end of the night, we toast to the professor, yada yada yada," Wolf started to explain. "When I say 'Marmalade' I hit the switch, lights go out,"

"Move." Sabrina chanted out, making Wolf nod.

"That's right, we have only four seconds to make our move then." Wolf told them, the gang sharing a glance before nodding. This was it. Tonight was the big one.