EPISODE 5

SCARS TO HEAL

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 5

Rage, hate, anger, fear, and pain took over my body.

Hell no!

I feel like I'm going crazy right now because my brain looks like a f*cking Cinema as it recaps everything.

Looking at him brought back those memories I never wanted to remember. Those memories I will pay anything to erase from my head. My lips trembled as I had flashbacks of them. My fists clenched as angry tears pierced the corner of my eyes. My throat felt like it was beginning to close up; breathing suddenly became a working effort.

Only the nightmare triggered it but seeing him trigger the tremor the more as I tried to control it.   I can't believe he still had that power over me after all these years. I don't know why I still feel unsafe and scared anytime I see him.  The effect he had on me is just too upheaval.

Ma'am!

Ma'am!!

Ma'am!!!

I felt someone tap my shoulder taking me out of my trance as I stagger back starting to lose my balance but the receptionist's arms quickly supported me.

" Are you okay, ma'am?" She asked her voice filled with fear and concern.

" I'm okay. I'm okay" I moved away from her arms supporting me taking a deep breath as I close my eyes and calm myself down.

" Will you like to sit down for a minute Ma'am?"

" No, thank you," I said abruptly as I opened my eyes and dry the wet tears on my face with my handkerchief.

I turn to face the receptionist. " You can go back to your seat ".

" Ok ma'am" She bow her head lightly and left. 

I quickly brought out my settings powder from my bag and touch up my makeup. I dropped the power into my bag and walk towards him with my head high up. My blood boils as I see him hugging Kayden acting all innocent.  Like a saint. A good person.

If I didn't know him,  I would have also thought he was a good person not knowing he's an animal in human clothing. A beast. Monster.

He didn't see me coming as he seems to be completely engrossed in Kayden who was hugging him back. I walk up to him and yank off Kayden from his grip surprising him as he raised his head to look at the intruder.

" Mom..." Kayden wanted to talk but I cut him short.

" To the car !" I said in a commanding tone.

" But mom...."

" To the car !" I yelled at him and he sluggishly left for the car.

I turn to leave but was suddenly held back by him.  "Amyra....."

I flung his hand away from me as I turn to face him. My eyes blazing with anger. "Don't you dare ever touch me and keep my name out of your mouth " I said through gritted teeth as I tried to walk away from him but stopped in my tracks unable to believe his next statement.

" Why did you find it so hard to forgive me despite how have begged you? "

" Did you just talk about forgiveness? " I ask as I turn around to face him and give him a fuming glare.

" Do you even think you deserve it ?"

" Amyra it's been years that ...... "

I cut his sentence short. " Years? What about me living with the trauma?"