EPISODE 6

SCARS TO HEAL

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 6

Ever since Vivian left, my workload suddenly doubled overnight and I have been mourning the good ol’ days ever since. I missed her so much. I knew a day like this is coming but I didn't wish for it to be sooner. I know she was going to leave in two months but I was not prepared mentally, physically, and emotionally to let her go.

I know deep down there's no secretary that can be like Vivian and I think that's why is so hard for me to let her go.  I was supposed to have started accepting interviews for a new secretary or personal assistant before she left so she can hand everything to her but I keep postponing it until it's too late.

Oh! Vivian!

She was typically the younger sister I never had.  She knows what I like and dislike. Damn! What am I even saying? This girl knows me like the back of my palms. She knows when it's time to work and when to play. I never thought I would trust a secretary with my life but Vivian broke that barrier. I'm never afraid to leave my office open anytime I am not around because I'm rest assured she will guard it even if it cost her life.  Despite how my coworkers tried to get information about me from her, she never for once slipped. I remember when one of them offered her a million to steal  vital documents that could implicate me at work. She turned down his offer and told me which I was so surprised because my previous secretary and assistant would rather backstab me than tell me despite how I treated them nicely.

Vivian is one of the best employees every boss should pray they have and I am so happy I got that privilege to be her boss. An employee like her is so rare. She delivers any work assigned to her as if it was her own company. 

I can't believe her husband has told her to stop working ever since they got to know their baby was in a breech position but she refused  saying she can't leave me alone knowing we have an ongoing project at hand.

Never in my imagination did I think I will ever cry for a secretary but when it comes to Vivian, I cried. I was so shocked when she told me tomorrow was her scheduled CS ( Caesarean Section). I hurriedly went back to my desk and brought out the two million check I  had already prepared for her. I handed it to her as tears glisten in my eyes.

I would never forget the shocked expression on her face when she tore the envelope and saw a check for two million. She burst into tears and quickly went to her knees though I was quick to lift her up.

In her words “ Thank you so much. Ha! This is for only me. How do I thank you boss " She said and burst into tears. I am going to miss you so much, boss. I wish I don't have to go. No one can be like you. You are filled with honesty, fairness, discernment, kindness, and good humor. A non-bossy boss like you is rare to find and working under you is a privilege I will forever cherish.  You are a good listener who has an open door to the work team, making yourself available to hear out concerns from the work team and support the employees. I blessed the day I started working under you. I blessed the day I know you. Thank you so much for all you have done for me. You never for once treated me like a worker. You took me as your younger sister and corrected me with care when am wrong. I am always eager to come to work because I know I have a nice boss. You’re a boss that serves her employee, listens to their complaint, never stop to appreciate and compensate for their hard work, and always ensures their happiness come first. I could go on and on to say or tell the whole world how good of a boss you are.

How do I repay you for all you have done for me. Miss Amyra, I am praying for you from the depth of my heart today that God will perfect everything that has been broken in your life".

" Amen!" I said as tears streamed down my eyes.

"Peace like a river, wealth as endless as the sea, love as big as the world, health as strong as a bullet, life as long as the distance between the earth and skies, and wisdom as huge as that of Solomon’s are my prayers for you. You will continue to go higher and higher. No weapon formed against you shall prosper. Double, double promotion for you. If there's anything that has been making you cry in secret, I call unto God's name this instance that he turn it into happiness for you. You will never know a better tomorrow. From today henceforth, you will not know sadness again but happiness for the rest of your life. God will erase any darkness hovering in your life and turn them into brightness. You.. you. will... not .... " She couldn't complete her last sentence as her tears gets in the way.