EPISODE 17

SCARS TO HEAL

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 17

I walked towards the door and open it widely for her to enter.

" Good morning!" She smiled broadly at me as she stepped in carrying a lunch bag.

" Good morning Miss Amyra" I returned her smile and shut the door after she was completely in the living room.

"You know _ you don't have to do this," I said my back still at the door as I watched her set the lunch bag on the center table and unzip it.

She stands upright and faces me. "You don't like my food?" She asks with a sad expression.

" No. no. I like your food" I quickly say and she smiles at me. "Just that, I don't want to burden you. For the past one week now,  you have been bringing me food and helping me clean my apartment. If you are doing this because you think you owe, I want you to know...."

She cut my sentence short. " That you forgive me? I know. I am just doing it out of my free will and you are not a burden to me. See, I'm not complaining" She says as she bent over to bring out the food flask in the lunch bag. She set it on the table and look at me. "I'm coming," She says with a smile as she heads into the kitchen to bring plates to dish out the food.

I thought she was going to stop coming to my house or bringing me food since my sling has been removed but it seems she's never stopping until am heal completely. I know she's doing this because she thinks she's the reason why  I sprained my shoulder.  I would be a hypocrite if I say I don't like the care and attention am receiving from her even though it feels strange. Don't blame me if I do, is been a long time someone care for me like this or made a  homemade food for me . Not that I don't know how to cook, I just get too lazy to cook for myself so I rather get a takeaway outside than go into the kitchen.  I have come to love her food and I do anticipate for it  but I do feel bad at times. She might be wearing makeup to cover it up but I could see the eye bags clearly under her eyes. It seems she wasn't sleeping well because of me.

Ever since the day, she proposed being  friends with me , she has made it a habit to always bring me food and tidy my apartment for me despite how I turned down the offer countless times. She could bring me breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. Sometimes she could send Kayden to bring them over or they both come together.  In their words, to keep me company so I won't feel bored.

I miss Kayden so much. We have become so close this past week. The boy is just so cute. You can never be bored with him around. During the times, we spent together, We could play games on my PS 5 and sometimes I teach him some abs exercises while his mom stays at home or work in  the living room while we do our thing in my room. Sometimes he spent the night over at my place and I am surprised his mom allowed him while she always make sure to go back home no matter how late it was.

Kayden is back to school since last week which means she was supposed to resume to work fully but she couldn't because of me. She still has to  work from home because of me. Sometimes she even brings those work to my place to do, to keep me company while she works on her laptop since Kayden went back to school.

I have started physical therapy two days ago and I can move my shoulder just that I still feel some slight pain. My doctor said I should be completely healed in a week time.

I don't know what to do now that am alone with her. I wish she could stop coming to my house or send down a dispatch to bring me the food because I hate how awkward we are with each other. Kayden has been the one easing the tension between us anytime she's around. Miss Amyra and I have never been alone before which is supposed to be a good thing because I don't know what we are going to talk about stating the fact that we started on a rough page.